Author Topic: Fear and loathing on Hillary Clinton's grievance tour  (Read 409 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Fear and loathing on Hillary Clinton's grievance tour
« on: October 27, 2017, 04:39:48 pm »
On Tuesday evening, it cost me $200 to obtain the privilege of sitting in one of the top rows in the upper balcony section of a massive auditorium and watching a tiny blue dot surrounded by phlegmy yellow light.

The amazing thing about this dot is that it could talk. This was confirmed by sound emerging from speakers hidden somewhere behind me and a glance at the not-even-movie-theater-sized screen behind it. The dot congratulated members of something it called "the Hillary Clinton Fan Club," which might be because the dot in question was, in fact, the aforementioned former secretary of state herself.

Clinton was here in the appropriately named Hill Auditorium allegedly to promote her new memoir, What Happened. It was the first book tour event that I have ever heard of charging admission, much less offering tickets — mine were among the cheapest — at prices that could easily get you into the Michigan-Ohio State game. There are 3,500 seats in the auditorium, and all of them looked full....

http://theweek.com/articles/733127/fear-loathing-hillary-clintons-grievance-tour

The Week?  Not exactly a bastion of even-handed reporting.