Author Topic: Brownie Points For The Thought Police – New Jersey School Kid Asks For A Brownie And The Police Are Called  (Read 561 times)

rangerrebew

Brownie Points For The Thought Police – New Jersey School Kid Asks For A Brownie And The Police Are Called
10.18.2017 | News | Ed Brodow | 0

Eating dessert can be really bad for you. A nine-year-old boy in New Jersey was subjected to a police interrogation last month because he asked for some dessert at school. When the boy asked for brownies, another student—a little fascist in training—interpreted the request as a racist statement and turned him in. A teacher at the elementary school called the police, the poor kid was given the third degree by the police, and the case was referred to the New Jersey Division of Child Protection and Permanency.

http://dailysurge.com/2017/10/brownie-points-thought-police-new-jersey-school-kid-asks-brownie-police-called/

Offline the_doc

Maybe the school was just too niggardly in dispensing desserts.

Offline Applewood

Just so everyone knows -- this is not a new story.  The incident occurred in June, 2016. 

A better version of the story is here:

http://www.philly.com/philly/education/20160629_Why_police_were_called_to_a_South_Jersey_third_grade_class_party.html

Another reason not to send kids to a public school.

Offline stephen50right

Maybe the school was just too niggardly in dispensing desserts.

Your use of the word "dispensing" may upset some people.

😉

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I wonder what law breaking the police thought they were responding to?  Why did they respond and participate in this at all?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I wonder what law breaking the police thought they were responding to?  Why did they respond and participate in this at all?

For that matter, why does New Jersey even have a "Division of Child Protection and Permanency?"  Permanency?  That seems a bit...Orwellian.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RoosGirl

Do NOT ask for one of these:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Do NOT ask for one of these:

I love those...and candy corn, too.  I draw the line at circus peanuts, though.  Uh-uh.   **nononono*
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline the_doc

@stephen50right
Omigosh, you're probably right.  (The word "dispensed" is a microaggression at the very least, since elegant diction is clearly not PC.)