Author Topic: Pakistan must take decisive action against terror groups: US  (Read 593 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Pakistan must take decisive action against terror groups: US
« on: October 27, 2017, 05:40:00 am »
Press Trust of India, Washington

The Trump administration has communicated to Pakistan that it must take “decisive” action against terrorist groups and dismantle their safe havens on its soil, a State Department official on Thursday said as Secretary of State Rex Tillerson wrapped up his maiden South Asia visit.

“We have communicated our expectations to Pakistan numerous times that they must take decisive action against terrorist groups based within their own borders,” State Department spokesperson Heather Nauert told PTI, a day after Tillerson concluded his maiden trip to Afghanistan, Pakistan and India.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/pakistan-must-take-decisive-action-against-terror-groups-us/story-KA94N72gGxKEzILufCFKFM.html
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Pakistan must take decisive action against terror groups: US
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 12:24:58 am »
Not gonna happen.
The entire country -- government and all -- is a hotbed of islamic terrorism/jihadism.

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 01:01:18 am »
Not gonna happen.
The entire country -- government and all -- is a hotbed of islamic terrorism/jihadism.

I agree. They have been taking both U.S aid and military aid for decades and allowed the Taliban into their country.
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 01:01:48 am »
Not gonna happen.

My dad was stationed with the USAF in Pakistan in the 60's...even back then the Paki Army wouldn't go into the areas where the Taliban and Al-Qaeda occupy near the Afghan border.

Plus you also have elements of the ISI...the Paki Intelligence Agency who support and are sympathetic to the Taliban cause.

You're right when you say it's not gonna happen.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2017, 01:08:36 am »
My dad was stationed with the USAF in Pakistan in the 60's...even back then the Paki Army wouldn't go into the areas where the Taliban and Al-Qaeda occupy near the Afghan border.

Plus you also have elements of the ISI...the Paki Intelligence Agency who support and are sympathetic to the Taliban cause.

You're right when you say it's not gonna happen.

The worse thing is that Karachi is the only port that unloads NATO supplies into Afghanistan. They can choke off that entry way at any point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_logistics_in_the_Afghan_War
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 01:10:22 am by DemolitionMan »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2017, 02:38:56 am »
The worse thing is that Karachi is the only port that unloads NATO supplies into Afghanistan. They can choke off that entry way at any point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_logistics_in_the_Afghan_War

Yup and we had to deal with stolen gear and equipment from our containers that passed through that port all the time.

They got so creative they'd cut the container in half...ransack it...weld it back together and paint over where they'd cut into it. Units wouldn't know they'd been robbed until they looked inside the containers and saw the scorch marks.

Where the real choke point ended up being was at the border checkpoint going into Afghanistan. The driver routinely went on "strike" and refused to move stuff into country.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 02:39:59 am by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2017, 02:42:45 am »
Yup and we had to deal with stolen gear and equipment from our containers that passed through that port all the time.

They got so creative they'd cut the container in half...ransack it...weld it back together and paint over where they'd cut into it. Units wouldn't know they'd been robbed until they looked inside the containers and saw the scorch marks.

Where the real choke point ended up being was at the border checkpoint going into Afghanistan. The driver routinely went on "strike" and refused to move stuff into country.

888high58888