Author Topic: Russia's 'B-52': The Tupolev Tu-95 “Bear” Might Be Old (But She Can Kill)  (Read 351 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Sebastien Roblin

The Russian military today maintains a diverse fleet of bombers capable of carrying heavier payloads and flying at faster speeds than the Tu-95. However, the venerable Bear remains well adapted to the job of hauling heavy cruise missiles and keeping a watchful eye over the Pacific and Atlantic—especially when being discreet is not merely unnecessary for the mission, but contrary to its purpose.

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/russias-b-52-the-tupolev-tu-95-%E2%80%9Cbear%E2%80%9D-might-be-old-she-can-22860
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2FD-OQa7Hw

Royal Netherlands Air Force F-16s Intercept Russian Tu-95 Bear Bomber
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome