Author Topic: Arsenic found in baby food, scary new study shows  (Read 515 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Arsenic found in baby food, scary new study shows
« on: October 26, 2017, 03:05:14 pm »
Arsenic found in baby food, scary new study shows

ABOVE: What are we actually feeding the most vulnerable people on Earth?

A scary new study found that many popular baby foods test positive for arsenic, including a whopping 80% of infant formulas.

That’s a pretty terrifying fact to wrap your mind around if you’re a new mom or dad and you’ve just been up all night trying to take care of your bundle of joy. Now, in between middle-of-the-night diaper changes and breast-feeding issues, you also have to worry about the poisons that may be hiding in your baby’s food. So sit down, get some coffee and take a deep breath.
Hattie is one of four babies followed from birth to first steps in Thomas Balmès' "Babies," a Focus Features release.

The Clean Label Project, a nonprofit group that works for clarity in labeling, tested a wide array of baby food, formulas and toddler products, as USA Today noted. The study looked at best-selling formulas and baby food using Nielson data. The group, which did not publish findings in a peer-reviewed journal, also looked at emerging national brands. On the whole, about 530 baby food products were tested and researchers found 65% of products tested positive for arsenic. Plus, that wasn’t the only contaminant. They also found lead (36%), cadmium (58%), and acrylamide (%10).

Read more at: http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/10/25/arsenic-found-in-baby-food-scary-new-study-shows/

Offline the_doc

Re: Arsenic found in baby food, scary new study shows
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 09:24:28 pm »
I wonder how much rice is used in the preparation of  baby food.  (Rice is one of the main sources of arsenic in the human diet.)

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 09:25:51 pm »
Well, my kids didn't get formula and I made their baby food from scratch.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 09:41:54 pm »

Unless there are medical reasons preventing it...
all mothers should breastfeed their babies and
stay home to raise them too. That means the
husbands should step up to the plate to provide
both moral and financial support.

Offline DB

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 09:44:29 pm »
Just because technology is getting better at detecting things doesn't mean because you can detect it it is harmful.