Author Topic: Marin man charged in alleged mow-down of four cyclists on charity ride  (Read 850 times)

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2017/10/26/marin-man-charged-in-alleged-mow-down-of-four-cyclists-on-charity-ride/

A Novato man accused of intentionally striking cyclists with his pickup truck in West Marin earlier this month has been charged with four felony hit-and-run charges.

Aaron Michael Paff, 21, is scheduled to be arraigned Thursday in Marin Superior Court. He would face up to five years in prison if convicted of all the charges, said Assistant District Attorney Barry Borden.
A motorcyclist with a helmet camera took this photo of the vehicle suspected in the hit-and-run of bicyclists in West Marin on Saturday. (Courtesy California Highway Patrol)
A motorcyclist with a helmet camera took this photo of the vehicle suspected in the hit-and-run of bicyclists in West Marin on Saturday. (Courtesy California Highway Patrol)

The Marin County Bicycle Coalition, in announcing the charges to its members, said the organization is “very disappointed that Paff is only facing hit-and-run charges.”

“We believe Paff’s on-road behavior earlier that day points to intent,” said Jim Elias, the group’s executive director. “Hit-and-run charges suggest his only error was not stopping after plowing his truck into four people.”

Borden declined to comment on the prosecution’s legal analysis.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 02:02:32 am by Wingnut »
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Marin man charged in alleged mow-down of four cyclists on charity ride
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 02:30:57 pm »
There is only one fool proof way to solve this problem.......outlaw bicycles on the road.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Re: Marin man charged in alleged mow-down of four cyclists on charity ride
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 02:41:00 pm »
There is only one fool proof way to solve this problem.......outlaw bicycles on the road.
Oh man...you must be in a "fightin' mood" today as I suspect that comment is gonna raise some blood pressure numbers... :whistle:

I'll go and get my popcorn ready :2popcorn:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."