Author Topic: The Hoplite  (Read 396 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

The Hoplite
« on: October 26, 2017, 09:44:15 am »
Michael Smallwood

An image posted to social media at the beginning of August shows Ukrainian troops atop a tracked 9K35 Strela-10 armoured fighting vehicle (AFV) (NATO reporting name: SA-13 Gopher), with two Soviet B-8 rocket pods fixed in an improvised turret arrangement. It appears Ukrainian forces have developed an improvised multiple-launch rocket system (MLRS) on the tracked vehicle. Typically launching 9M37 surface-to-air missiles, this vehicle has now been modified to fire S-8 series air-to-surface rockets, employed in a surface-to-surface role. The S-8 rocket, whilst not ideal for this role, may have some advantages in the current conflict.

http://armamentresearch.com/improvised-80-mm-s-8-mlrs-system-in-ukraine/
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: The Hoplite
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 09:50:22 am »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=L48-0Gu9CTw

Libyan Rebels vehicles mounted with homemade rocket launchers!
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome