Author Topic: Air Force F-15 to Deploy in 2018 With New Small Diameter Bomb II  (Read 267 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

By Kris Osborn

The Small Diameter Bomb II, or SDB II, is designed to destroy moving targets in all kinds of weather, such as small groups of ISIS or terrorist fighters on-the-move in pick-up trucks.

An Air Force F-15 Eagle has +destroyed a moving surrogate-model T-72 tank during a live-fire test of the new Small Diameter Bomb II at White Sands Missile Range, N.M.

Raytheon officials explained that the surrogate T-72 tank was moving at tactically relevant battle speeds when it was destroyed by the SDB II during the live-fire test.

https://scout.com/military/warrior/Article/Air-Force-Small-Diameter-Bomb-II-Slated-to-Deploy-on-F-15-by-201-105755031
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: Air Force F-15 to Deploy in 2018 With New Small Diameter Bomb II
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 05:29:35 am »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff3fKXx50Zs

Small Diameter Bomb (SDB)
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome