Author Topic: Sessions Urges Crackdown on Rampant Asylum Fraud  (Read 467 times)

rangerrebew

Sessions Urges Crackdown on Rampant Asylum Fraud
« on: October 25, 2017, 10:40:47 am »

Sessions Urges Crackdown on Rampant Asylum Fraud

Legislative Update By: Liz Jacobs

During a speech at the Department of Justice’s Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) last Thursday, Attorney General Jeff Sessions said that U.S. asylum policies are open to “rampant abuse and fraud” and must be reformed to ensure the integrity of our immigration system. (Department of Justice, Oct. 12, 2017) The nation’s top law enforcement officer called on Congress to reform immigration laws to ensure that only credible claims are granted in the asylum review process. (Id.)

Although federal law requires the government to keep asylum applicants in custody until their claims are processed, former President Barack Obama fostered a catch-and-release policy which allowed asylum applicants to assert a “credible fear” claim and be released into the community while their case was pending. Unsurprisingly, many supposed asylum-seekers never show up for their court hearings, but instead disappear into the interior of the country without any lawful immigration status.

https://fairus.org/legislative-updates/sessions-urges-crackdown-rampant-asylum-fraud

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Sessions Urges Crackdown on Rampant Asylum Fraud
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 10:21:21 pm »
No asylum, period.
End it, once and for all.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 10:22:20 pm »
Talk is cheap.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 10:24:43 pm »
Obama stood the intent of the asylum laws on their head when he virtually stopped the flow of ME christians and ratcheted up the flow of muslims from that region.

Basically he imported oppressors in the name of the oppressed.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 11:21:13 pm »
Sessions lost all credibility with me when he decided to let Hillary off the hook while boosting Asset Forfeiture laws.  He's a snake in the grass, and the only plus I see is he created a vacancy for Roy Moore to fill when he left the Senate.  I have no use for him.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: