Author Topic: US 'capabilities' can counter North Korean missile threat, says Raytheon CEO  (Read 213 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Jeff Daniels   

The CEO of the maker of the Patriot missile defense system said Tuesday that Californians shouldn't worry about the missile threat of nuclear-armed North Korea, but he urged them to contact lawmakers in Washington to push for more defense spending.

"I would say relative to the North Korean threat, you shouldn't be worried," said Raytheon CEO Thomas Kennedy in an exclusive interview on CNBC's "Squawk Box." "But you should ensure that you've talked to your congressman or congresswoman to make sure they support the defense budget to the point where it can continue to defend the United States and our allies."

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/us-capabilities-can-handle-north-korean-threat-says-raytheon-ceo.html
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome