Author Topic: Scrap California’s bail system, chief justice says  (Read 1085 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Scrap California’s bail system, chief justice says
« on: October 25, 2017, 05:16:57 am »
BY ALEXEI KOSEFF

California’s chief justice on Tuesday called for an end to the use of money bail, urging the state to instead release defendants based on whether they pose a threat to public safety.

Her comments followed the publication of a report on bail compiled by a working group of California judges. Chief Justice Tani Cantil-Sakauye assembled the group last year to study complaints that the practice unfairly penalizes the poor.
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: Scrap California’s bail system, chief justice says
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 05:17:27 am »
Another dumb idea from Sacramento.
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome