Author Topic: Here's Why You Should Stop Bringing Your Phone Into the Bathroom  (Read 475 times)

rangerrebew

Here's Why You Should Stop Bringing Your Phone Into the Bathroom

Swiping and wiping is not a healthy habit.
Anthea Levi October 23, 2017

Admit it: You’ve 100% scrolled through Instagram while sitting on the toilet. You might be reading this in a bathroom stall right now for all we know. But while messaging and chatting while you go might be convenient, it's also an efficient way to spread potentially serious germs—and make you or the people in your life sick.

A study published in the Annals of Clinical Microbiology and Antimicrobials discovered that 95% of healthcare workers’ mobile phones showed evidence of bacterial contamination, some of which had the potential to cause infection, such as a staph infection. Researchers at the University of Arizona also found that our phones carry ten times as much bacteria as toilet bowls.

http://www.health.com/home/how-dirty-are-cell-phones

Offline thackney

Re: Here's Why You Should Stop Bringing Your Phone Into the Bathroom
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 01:53:06 pm »
When I was working on the Alaskan North Slope oil fields, they had a bad round of roto-virus hit the main camp, shutting down a lot of workers.

In trying to determine the source of spreading the illness, they tested many phones.  They were sooooo intensely germ ridden they banned all cell phones from the mess area.  No phones allowed where people come together to eat.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Silver Pines

Re: Here's Why You Should Stop Bringing Your Phone Into the Bathroom
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 02:35:44 pm »
It's really amazing that articles like this have to be written in the first place.  Aren't people in the 21st century aware of germs?

I use Clorox wipes on our phones.  I bought a Phonesoap UV ray sanitizer---it worked great for a month before it broke.  The company replaced it, and the replacement made it for two months before dying.  They refused to credit my VISA, so I had to get the credit card company involved to get my refund.

Bummer.