Author Topic: Democrat Joe Manchin wants Hillary Clinton to stay out of West Virginia as he vies for re-election  (Read 537 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrat Joe Manchin wants Hillary Clinton to stay out of West Virginia as he vies for re-election
by Daniel Chaitin | Oct 22, 2017, 8:31 PM

Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin, who is up for re-election in 2018, said it "wouldn't be wise" for Hillary Clinton to campaign for him in his home state of West Virginia.

He was asked during an interview that aired Sunday on MSNBC's "Kasie DC," if he was a "dead man walking" after President Trump won West Virginia by a wide margin in the 2016 presidential contest.

"I sure don't think so," he replied, listing off his prior political posts in the state and saying of himself, "I'm just West Virginia, period. It's not Democrat, Republican to me."

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/democrat-joe-manchin-wants-hillary-clinton-to-stay-out-of-west-virginia-as-he-vies-for-re-election/article/2638306
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Mojo is such a fool. In 2008, he was slobbering all over Hillary, desperate to become her running mate if she was the nominee. He had to distance himself over her anti-coal remarks, but he has his own problems with many in the state because of his wavering on the Second Amendment. Two Republicans already are scrapping to challenge him, one conservative (Morrisey) and one establishment (Jenkins). Not sure whether the Dems will come up with anyone to run, given Manchin's historic role in the party and WV government (former secretary of state, former governor).
It will be interesting.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org