Author Topic: Today's Toons 10/23/17  (Read 5489 times)

Online pookie18

Today's Toons 10/23/17
« on: October 23, 2017, 08:20:38 am »
Click below for related story:

Click below for related story:

This Thread Brought To You By The Letters C & L:

In Case You Missed It Dept.:

The New Yorker named sixteen Hollywood actresses victimized by Harvey Weinstein's sexual compulsion. The stories are spreading quickly. Hillary Clinton gave an interview on Thursday to complain about Harvey Weinstein's sexual advances toward her, specifically that he never made any.

Hillary Clinton told an interviewer she had no idea her donor Harvey Weinstein was a sexual harasser Thursday. That day the Obamas said they never heard their donor Weinstein was a sexual harasser either. Harvey Weinstein has personally turned the Democrats into the Knew-Nothing Party.

Harvey Weinstein was dropped as a legal client by powerful feminist lawyer Lisa Bloom who is also the daughter of attorney Gloria Allred. Lisa dropped him on Tuesday. And it wasn't because Harvey asked Bloom if she could get him off, it was the way he unzipped his pants when he asked her.

The Dow Jones hit a record high last week as the economy kept improving. That didn't stop both political parties, NFL players and owners, actresses and producers from taking offense from each other's behavior. The U.S. would have the world's greatest economy if only being offended paid better.

The White House said President Trump's visit to England will be a working visit and not an official state visit due to fear of rioting. Bless our dear old Mother Country. Nowadays, England deserves a Nobel Peace Prize for being the world's only Muslim country never to go to war with Israel.

Harvey Weinstein flew to Arizona in his private jet to check himself into a sexual addiction clinic recovery center after he addressed reporters on the airport tarmac. He left on Wednesday. It only makes sense in Hollywood that the head of a movie studio would check into sex rehab on Hump Day.

The Biloxi School Board removed To Kill a Mockingbird from libraries because the language made teachers uncomfortable. Academia has gone clinically insane. Nowadays if you have a black iPhone and you're always telling Siri what to do, you are basically saying you are okay with slavery.

The Clinton Foundation released a statement Monday saying the charity won't return Harvey Weinstein's donations to Hillary's campaign or to her charity. That's sad. Everyone agrees Harvey could donate the two hundred and fifty thousand dollars to a much better cause, say, hookers and blow.

NFL owners met this week to try to settle the issue of players kneeling during the National Anthem. Hillary Clinton told a British talk show Monday that going down on one's knees is not a sign of protest but of reverence. If that's true then the women at the White House used to just worship Bill.

Scotland Yard announced they are investigating Harvey Weinstein for sexual assault against actresses in London. It's of great interest there. The BBC just asked Hillary if Harvey's sexual conduct is comparable to her husband Bill's sexual misconduct and she said it was close but no cigar.

NFL owners and players met in New York Tuesday and struck a deal on the National Anthem protests. Today's NFL players are willing to listen to opposing arguments. Last year, when an NFL player threatened to murder his wife, she told him he needed professional help, so he hired a hit man.

John McCain accused President Trump's people of promoting a false and outdated patriotism Monday in his speech to a Liberty Awards banquet. Political mavericks like Senator McCain are a dying species. John McCain recently went to the chiropractor, who referred him to a paleontologist.

-- Argus Hamilton

(Thank you, TheOldLady)

Online Polly Ticks

Re: Today's Toons 10/23/17
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 12:56:14 pm »
Thanks, Pookie!
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 01:55:43 pm »
Thanks, pookie!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 02:56:26 pm »
Thanks for the toons Pookie
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online pookie18

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 03:09:05 pm »
Thanks, Pookie!

You're welcome, Polly Ticks!

Online pookie18

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 03:09:51 pm »
Thanks, pookie!

My pleasure, Smokin Joe!

Online pookie18

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 03:10:17 pm »
Thanks for the toons Pookie

You're welcome, as always, Verga!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 06:09:33 pm »
Thanks for the toons, Pookie.  Geeez, I remember "The Old Lady."  Say Hi for me next time you see her....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online pookie18

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2017, 06:13:14 pm »
Thanks for the toons, Pookie.  Geeez, I remember "The Old Lady."  Say Hi for me next time you see her....

My pleasure, as ever, @Cyber Liberty! Haven't been in touch with her in years...something I wrote to her in humor rubbed her the wrong way...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2017, 06:21:33 pm »
My pleasure, as ever, @Cyber Liberty! Haven't been in touch with her in years...something I wrote to her in humor rubbed her the wrong way...

Oh dear me...  **nononono*  Send her a picture of you holding a shotgun.  That always works for me, and I know she'd like it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline scootervanneuter

• World News Bureau
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2017, 03:51:50 pm »
Thanks, Pookie! :)

Online pookie18

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2017, 04:25:03 pm »
Thanks, Pookie! :)

You're welcome, Scooter!