Author Topic: How a Runaway Nun Helped an Outlaw Monk Change the World  (Read 627 times)

rangerrebew

How a Runaway Nun Helped an Outlaw Monk Change the World
« on: October 22, 2017, 10:21:29 am »
How a Runaway Nun Helped an Outlaw Monk Change the World

By Andrew Curry

PUBLISHED October 20, 2017

In terms of marriage prospects, Martin Luther wasn’t necessarily a natural pick. The middle-aged theology professor was known to be loud, argumentative, and judgmental. He was always on the road, came from a common family, and didn’t have enough money to buy a wedding ring.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/10/martin-luther-wife-protestant-reformation-500/
Oh, and the pope himself had compared the German theologian to a wild boar, declared him a heretic, and ordered all of his writings burned.

debrawiest

Re: How a Runaway Nun Helped an Outlaw Monk Change the World
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 11:54:56 am »
Interesting article.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
Re: How a Runaway Nun Helped an Outlaw Monk Change the World
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 10:12:33 pm »
@rangerrebew

Just finding all of the articles you post.  This is very interesting, too.

I am not a Lutheran, but my grandfather was. 

Luther's wife did a heck of a lot better outside the convent.  Sad that the young women in the convent had to basically escape!  I did not know that part of the history.

Perhaps some of the really nasty nuns I had during kindergarten through high school might have wanted to escape, but couldn't.  Gives you a different perspective on things.

Thanks!  Onto reading a few more of your articles.  I don't think I can hit the 30,000 bones one, though.  Ewwwww!
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra