Author Topic: The new battle of the Alamo: Conflict brews over 7-year, $450 million revamp  (Read 1445 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The new battle of the Alamo: Conflict brews over 7-year, $450 million revamp as critics fear site where 189 independence fighters were killed will be sanitized by 'political correctness'

Conservatives worry that the famous battle site will be sanitized if it is developed
    They point to commanders William Travis and Jim Bowie, involved in slave trade
    It comes as Confederate monuments are being removed all across the country
    Expansion plan being overseen by Land Commissioner George Bush, son of Jeb

By Iain Burns For Mailonline and Associated Press

Published: 10:07 EDT, 20 October 2017 | Updated: 10:26 EDT, 20 October 2017

A plan to quadruple the size of the Alamo with a major restoration project has been attacked by conservatives over worries its history will be sanitized.

At a time when Confederate statues are being removed across the country, some Texans are fearing the battle site will become the latest victim of 'political correctness'.       

Land Commissioner George P. Bush - son of former Florida governor Jeb - is overseeing a 7-year revamp of the shrine where 189 Texas independence fighters were killed by Mexican Gen. Santa Anna's troops in 1836.

The site's size would quadruple after excavation and restoration of historical structures, the closing of nearby streets and the building of a more than 100,000-square foot museum to house artifacts and guide visitors through the Alamo's history.

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5000976/Conflict-brews-450-million-revamp-Alamo-site.html#ixzz4w9udXVUa
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
And that little conflict is very likely to cost  the young Mr. Bush his job!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

And that little conflict is very likely to cost  the young Mr. Bush his job!

Good, that's one political career that needs to be nipped in the bud.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Land Commissioner George P. Bush - son of former Florida governor Jeb - is overseeing a 7-year revamp of the shrine where 189 Texas independence fighters were killed by Mexican Gen. Santa Anna's troops in 1836.

You mean little jorge has actually been showing up to work now?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
$450 million freakin' dollars for a remodel? Are they paving the sidewalks with gold?
The Republic is lost.

Online corbe

He's had a bug up his azz about the Alamo and the Daughters of the Texas Republic since he took office, hopefully this will be his Waterloo.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
   He's had a bug up his azz about the Alamo and the Daughters of the Texas Republic since he took office, hopefully this will be his Waterloo.

If I have anything to do with it he be sent packing soon!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien