Author Topic: Dog taken to be euthanized found living with vet tech 5 months later  (Read 811 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Dog taken to be euthanized found living with vet tech 5 months later

Oct. 19 (UPI) -- A New Jersey family who took their dog to be euthanized were shocked to discover five months later that the canine was alive and living with a veterinary worker.

Keri and Lonnie Levy said they took their 15-year-old miniature pinscher, Caesar, to be euthanized May 17 at the Briarwood Veterinary Hospital because he was suffering from a long-term illness that left him in declining health with a poor quality of life.

"[Keri] picked up the collar. And actually paid her bill and received, even, a letter from the veterinary offices stating their condolences on the loss of her pet," Ross Licitra, head of the Monmouth County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, told WPIX-TV.

The couple received an anonymous tip last week that Caesar was still alive.

Read more at: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2017/10/19/Dog-taken-to-be-euthanized-found-living-with-vet-tech-5-months-later/4121508420366/

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Dog taken to be euthanized found living with vet tech 5 months later
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 04:49:24 pm »
What a story. I have always been with my dear ones when they were euthanized. They were two exceptions, both whippets, who died in the hospital of cancer that grew quickly inside the pericardium, a sad affliction of sight hounds.. I have the ashes of all nine of my dogs.

If this little dog was suffering in those five months, this is horrifying. I have mixed emotions since I don't know. The family was reunited one last time and the little one has been euthanized.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 04:56:13 pm »
So...is this good news the dog wasn't killed or good news it was?

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 12:58:35 am »
What a story. I have always been with my dear ones when they were euthanized. They were two exceptions, both whippets, who died in the hospital of cancer that grew quickly inside the pericardium, a sad affliction of sight hounds.. I have the ashes of all nine of my dogs.

If this little dog was suffering in those five months, this is horrifying. I have mixed emotions since I don't know. The family was reunited one last time and the little one has been euthanized.

It is absolutely heartbreaking to have your dog euthanized, but to have to go through the heartbreak yet another time is horrible.  I remember when the vet we had told us to say good-bye to our dog before surgery, because he was certain that they were going to have to amputate his leg and wouldn't be the same.  I said good-bye and came home and cried for hours...only to get a phone call from the vet later on stating that they had removed fatty tissue that was not cancerous and his leg was still in tact.  I was relieved absolutely, but that dog was like my child and to think of him losing a leg was heartbreaking.  He lived till he was 14 and up until the day before we had to put him down, went swimming and played around.  I vowed to never get another dog; it was crushing to lose him and 14 years wasn't long enough.  My husband got another dog several years later ... not a fan ... perhaps I've never fully allowed myself to become attached.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.