Author Topic: EPA chief Scott Pruitt has ‘epiphany,’ sides with ethanol industry in key policy fight  (Read 1530 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

After heavy pressure from lawmakers and other stakeholders, EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt on Thursday night sided with pro-ethanol lawmakers and said his agency will abandon many controversial changes to the nation’s ethanol mandate — prompting a top biofuels leader to claim that Mr. Pruitt apparently has had an “epiphany” over the past few days.
In a letter to seven key senators, Mr. Pruitt — who had been critical of ethanol during his time as Oklahoma attorney general — shot down several major concerns about looming adjustments to the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS), the federal law that requires the blending of ethanol with gasoline.
The letter comes just days after Sen. Charles E. Grassley, Iowa Republican and perhaps the loudest pro-ethanol voice in Congress, threatened to hold up nominees for top-level EPA posts if Mr. Pruitt didn’t acquiesce to their demands on the RFS.

Specifically, Mr. Pruitt said proposed blending volumes under the RFS will not be cut any further than the preliminary levels released over the summer, putting an end to fears that the Trump administration would try to gut the program. He said the final levels actually could be higher.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/oct/20/scott-pruitt-has-epiphany-sides-ethanol-industry-k/
The swamp is growing, not diminishing.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
SO sad!  The entire idea of ethanol as a motor fuel is ludicrous!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

The Grassley is greener on the other side of the fence.

Offline dfwgator

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The Grassley is greener on the other side of the fence.

K Street has spoken and that's that!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Trump promised the GOP in Iowa that he would use the EPA to the fullest extent of the law to uphold the ethanol (clean fuels) mandate(and still lost the primary). Unfortunately, that specifies an amount of ethanol to be blended with motor fuels or sold as one outright, which means more alcohol in the fuel if less gasoline is sold. That can exceed 'blend wall' limits of 10%, which will (according to auto manufacturers) cause engine and fuel system damage (older vehicles hardest hit). Any ethanol in fuel is bad for small engines not specifically built to use the fuel (lawnmowers, chainsaws, generators, etc.)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 09:07:20 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Oceander

Offline corbe

I like Pruitt but on this he's wrong, he's just following the Boss's orders. Apparently he likes his job, and Trump gets a big thumbs up from me for appointing him and Perry at Energy.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,287024.msg1490692.html#msg1490692

Interesting Question I have is besides Cruz how many other Senators think it's foolish to burn your food?   
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

Nope!  Just following orders!

Still an idiot. So’s the boss. 

Offline thackney

Interesting Question I have is besides Cruz how many other Senators think it's foolish to burn your food?

Senator Rand Paul

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/429906/ted-cruzs-ethanol-stand-defies-industry-bipartisan-tradition
Life is fragile, handle with prayer