Author Topic: Incredible drone footage shows five of the eight Mexican border wall prototypes completed as construction is underway for remaining three in a bid to fulfill Trump's great campaign pledge  (Read 3196 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Incredible drone footage shows five of the eight Mexican border wall prototypes completed as construction is underway for remaining three in a bid to fulfill Trump's great campaign pledge
Daily Mail/UK, Oct 19, 2017

<snip>

The wall prototypes are all expected to be fully erected by the end of the month and are being constructed in the California desert, near San Diego abutting the run down neighborhood of Tijuana, Mexico.

The requirements to adhere to Trump's vision call for 'a fence that is impenetrable, it's unscalable,' said Roy Villareal, acting chief patrol agent of the San Diego border sector. 'They can't dig under it. They can't cut through it.

Maryland's ETLA North America Inc is an Israeli defense company. This wall by ETLA uses a concrete at the base with the top two-thirds featuring blue metal panels

Caddell Construction Co, LLC, of Montgomery, Alabama created two walls, this one features metal bars for the first half, narrowly spaced and resembling the bollard-style fencing which allows CBP to see to the otherside, the top half has solid concrete panels

Texas Sterling Construction Co. of Houston built this prototype of concrete with fencing at the top pointing towards Mexico

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4998730/Drone-footage-shows-Mexican-border-wall-prototypes.html#ixzz4w2qa4iir

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

Definitely don't like the one with the bars, I don't think making a 'viewing' opportunity is necessary; drones can assess what's happening on the other side.  Personally, I like the one from TX and feel the bid should be awarded strictly to a U.S. company, using U.S. labor, and U.S. materials.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bolobaby

Anyone who thinks any of these are anything but a giant effing boondoggle is effing delusional.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Smokin Joe

Anyone who thinks any of these are anything but a giant effing boondoggle is effing delusional.
It is a monument. Whether it is to the start of progress securing our border or the gullibility of the American people, remains to be seen.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bolobaby

For the record, this is what ACTUAL border security looks like:

Ask yourself why the country most in need of border security STOPPED building walls, and started building fences. The only places they put up walls now is in locations where they want to stop snipers, otherwise what you see here in the most cost effective and SIMPLY effective way of securing the border.

The shit Trump has asked for is as idiotic as all the gaudy gold-plated crap in the buildings he slaps his name on.

The man is clueless. The American people are even more clueless if they allow their tax dollars to be spent on this easily defeated garbage.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 02:59:33 am by bolobaby »
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Smokin Joe

Ask yourself why the country most in need of border security STOPPED building walls, and started building fences. The only places they put up walls now is in locations where they want to stop snipers, otherwise what you see here in the most cost effective and SIMPLY effective way of securing the border.

The shit Trump has asked for is as idiotic as all the gaudy gold-plated crap in the buildings he slaps his name on.

The man is clueless. The American people are even more clueless if they allow their tax dollars to be spent on this easily defeated garbage.

The same in Hungary, which has kept the refugee infiltration rate next to nothing.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Someone should post that picture on twitter.  #real border fence

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bilo

The building he built in Panama (Trump Ocean Club) is very impressive. He was very clever in making sure that the condo owners have 24 hour access to all the hotel amenities, but the hotel and condo entrances are separate. The quality of the individual units I've seen is pretty good.

The wall will never be as effective as enforcement of existing laws, but as anyone can see with the sanctuary cities and sanctuary states enforcement of existing laws is very difficult. A wall at least will slow the inflow under a Rat administration and even a Pub administration.

The man can be "over the top", boorish, a bully, prone to lie about his opposition but he is not clueless.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Fine, but that shot wasn't taken by "Incredible drone footage!!!"
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DemolitionMan

"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline Smokin Joe

I like the Israeli Model fence
There are three factors here:

Effectiveness, which includes getting it built (because no fence at all doesn't stop much of anything).

Cost (Even though some expensive options will save more money over time than their original outlay).

Speed of emplacement, because the current political environment will inevitably change.

C S Lewis

Offline bolobaby

Fine, but that shot wasn't taken by "Incredible drone footage!!!"

Ah. Crap. Score one for the hyperventilating Trumpettes.
1. Trump is never wrong.

Offline bolobaby

The man can be "over the top", boorish, a bully, prone to lie about his opposition but he is not clueless.

That is a matter of considerable debate.
1. Trump is never wrong.

Offline bolobaby

The same in Hungary, which has kept the refugee infiltration rate next to nothing.

More razorwire on that fence - something we'll never see on ANY of our proposals because we wouldn't want the illegals getting a nasty cut when they are easily bypassing the sh!t we DO decide to spend billions on.

I can't believe the rampant stupidity surrounding this whole "wall" movement.
1. Trump is never wrong.