Author Topic: All the Other Harvey Weinsteins By Molly Ringwald  (Read 242 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
All the Other Harvey Weinsteins By Molly Ringwald
« on: October 19, 2017, 01:56:34 pm »
All the Other Harvey Weinsteins

By Molly Ringwald

October 17, 2017

The tale of Harvey Weinstein is now a thread that has tangled its way through Hollywood, connecting women, mostly actresses, in a depressingly common way. We all seem to have a Harvey story, each one a little different but with essentially the same nauseating pattern and theme. Women were bullied, cajoled, manipulated, and worse, and then punished.

My Harvey story is different, mostly because of timing. I was in one of the first films that Weinstein produced. I accepted a supporting role in a small movie based on “Loser Takes All,” the short novel by Graham Greene. I was twenty years old. The idea of playing a supporting role in a small British movie appealed to me after having just made a big splash in the John Hughes movies. Plus, I was an enormous fan of Greene’s writing. When we began filming, in France, I was warned about the producer, but I had never heard of him and had no reason to fear him. The feeling on the set was that he and his brother Bob were becoming powerful and were difficult to work with, and that it was inadvisable to cross them. During a dinner at the Chèvre d’Or, in a tiny medieval village, there was a tense, awkward moment when Harvey became testy toward our British co-workers and accused them of thinking of us Americans as just the “little guys in the colonies.” It was sort of meant as a joke, I suppose, but it made everyone cringe, and all I could think was that the guy was volatile.

more
https://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/all-the-other-harveys
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: All the Other Harvey Weinsteins By Molly Ringwald
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 02:03:58 pm »
 :shrug:

Hollywood is filled with sleazeballs. Water is wet.