Author Topic: Nearly Half the Country Thinks Media Make up Stories About Trump  (Read 388 times)

rangerrebew

Nearly Half the Country Thinks Media Make up Stories About Trump

By Thomas Phippen Published on October 18, 2017

Almost half of all voters believe the news media fabricates stories about President Donald Trump, according to a poll by Politico and Morning Consult Wednesday.

Forty-six percent of all voters surveyed said they believe “major news organizations fabricate news stories about President Trump and his administration,” while only 37 percent answered that the do not believe the news makes up stories about Trump. The remaining 17 percent had no opinion.

https://stream.org/nearly-half-country-thinks-media-make-stories-trump/

Offline aligncare

Re: Nearly Half the Country Thinks Media Make up Stories About Trump
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 09:54:50 am »
If this change in perception of the media’s veracity is Donald Trump’s only legacy in office, then he will have served America well.

(Okay, that and Neil Gorsuch on scotus. And slashing the size and scope of fedgov....and possibly restoring the health system – if congress ever gets off their ass. Oh, and .....)

Thought I’d better leave it there before I get the hook.

Offline stephen50right

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 11:05:31 am »
Only half? It's a stone call fact at the very least the liberal media embellishes their perceived negatives about Trump and presents that as factual.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 01:24:51 pm »
Observation: the first year of the Obama “ministration” every radio, television and newspaper were full of positive Obama stories, a daily and hourly recitation of Obama love. Anyone else remember that?

Contrast that today with the coverage of Donald Trump. Anyone notice a difference?

And some conservatives (even here) still want to believe the barrages of negative stories are Trump’s fault because Trump is such a what? A liberal? A liberal Nazi? What’s got both the liberals and conservatives all wee-weed up about Trump? It’s the negative reporting, the lying narratives, false headlines, the democrat/media propaganda machine hard at work.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 09:30:12 pm »
I doubt the percentage would change much if the same people were asked about suppressed negative stories about Obama.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 09:37:33 pm »
If this change in perception of the media’s veracity is Donald Trump’s only legacy in office, then he will have served America well.

WHAT 'change in perception'? No one I know except my whacko-moonbat sister has believed the press as long as I have lived. Since around 30% of the country is barking-moonbat, and will tend to consider the liberal MSM as truth, this OP declares a distinction without a difference.

While Tump may have accentuated what everyone already knows, accrediting him for some sort of exposure of truth is, like almost everything to do with Tump, much ado about nothing.