Author Topic: Bannon endorses Ward, signaling Trump supporters have settled on a challenger to Flake  (Read 2630 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Bannon endorses Ward, signaling Trump supporters have settled on a challenger to Flake
AZCentral, Oct 18, 2017

Steve Bannon on Tuesday rallied Arizona’s conservative grass-roots activists on behalf of Kelli Ward’s insurgent Republican campaign against GOP incumbent Sen. Jeff Flake. It was the biggest indicator to date that the allies of President Donald Trump are settling on Ward as their preferred challenger to Flake.

Bannon, Trump’s controversial former White House strategist and the man many credit with his unlikely victory in the presidential race, ripped Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., and vowed that the Republican elite are destined to "reap the whirlwind" and "that whirlwind is Kelli Ward."

More: http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/elections/2017/10/17/steve-bannon-endorseare-donald-trump-supporters-settling-kelli-ward-their-pick-against-sen-jeff-flak/769872001/

Offline endicom

I just hope she's never claimed to be descended from the Arpaio Indians or anything similarly odd. Barring that, I like it.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I just hope she's never claimed to be descended from the Arpaio Indians or anything similarly odd. Barring that, I like it.

Just about as bad:  The day after McCain announced his cancer diagnosis/prognosis, she publicly urged McCain to step down, and the Governor to appoint her to his seat (Her rationale was because she had lost to McCain in the Primary, she should be the one to take his place).  One of the the poorest political moves I've ever seen.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline endicom

Just about as bad:  The day after McCain announced his cancer diagnosis/prognosis, she publicly urged McCain to step down, and the Governor to appoint her to his seat (Her rationale was because she had lost to McCain in the Primary, she should be the one to take his place).  One of the the poorest political moves I've ever seen.

Poor timing, if nothing else. That would be forgotten but what's in the post above yours is more concerning.

Offline kevindavis007

Poor timing, if nothing else. That would be forgotten but what's in the post above yours is more concerning.

I saw some videos (yes legit videos) of her holding hearings about Chemtrails. To me every time I hear about Chemtrails, I think what Art Bell or Alex Jones would talk about.

Again, those are legit videos.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I saw some videos (yes legit videos) of her holding hearings about Chemtrails. To me every time I hear about Chemtrails, I think what Art Bell or Alex Jones would talk about.

She's a State Senator, so there's a trail to look at.    But, I think the brain cancer faux pas is far more dangerous than you may think.  There is a large population of older people in this state, and they're very sensitive to young whippersnappers trying to push them out of their places before they're ready.  Not saying McCain shouldn't be pushed out (he should, he's been ready for a couple decades), but I'm talking about the voters, many of whom didn't care one way or another about Ward before.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline kevindavis007

She's a State Senator, so there's a trail to look at.    But, I think the brain cancer faux pas is far more dangerous than you may think.  There is a large population of older people in this state, and they're very sensitive to young whippersnappers trying to push them out of their places before they're ready.  Not saying McCain shouldn't be pushed out (he should, he's been ready for a couple decades), but I'm talking about the voters, many of whom didn't care one way or another about Ward before.

That is true. However her statement about old people and her Chemtrail hearings already gave Dems ammunition to hang her. I'm sure there is more.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

From Karl Rove's column in this morning's WSJ:

As a state senator, Ms. Ward held a June 2014 town hall to explore the claim that jet contrails are really chemicals sprayed by the government for weather, mind or population control.   She later expressed no regrets about hosting this conspiracy confab, saying elected officials are supposed to "listen to the people" and "get them the information they need to feel confident that they live in a safe environment."  Ms. Ward has praised Edward Snowden, who fled the U.S. in 2013 and has been charged with espionage.  She supports eliminating the Patriot Act, which provides vital tools to combat Islamic terrorism. 

It seems like Kelli Ward's the real Flake!
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline kevindavis007

In my world she is a Flake.  I guess the main question is can flakes like her win the seat? She might win the primary, but in the General Election she will lose. The fact that Bannon supports her says a lot about him.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"Witches and now Aliens....oh my!"

IMO, a better vetting process is needed.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
On the up side, the McCain/Democrat smear machine has already aired out just about every issue with Ward.  Bad as she looks now, it's not likely we'll see more dirt.

I just think she'll lose in the General.  Kyrsten Sinema is the likely Dem opponent, and she's very attractive to the Rats.  Sinema has a good chance even if Flake wins.  She's likely to bring up how Flake got his kid off on the animal cruelty charges for letting a kennel full of dogs die a couple years back, something Ward is not likely to do because the County Prosecutor involved is an (R).
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@Cyber Liberty

Is there not one decent person in the entire state of Arizona willing to take on Jeff Flake in the primary?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline kevindavis007

On the up side, the McCain/Democrat smear machine has already aired out just about every issue with Ward.  Bad as she looks now, it's not likely we'll see more dirt.

I just think she'll lose in the General.  Kyrsten Sinema is the likely Dem opponent, and she's very attractive to the Rats.  Sinema has a good chance even if Flake wins.  She's likely to bring up how Flake got his kid off on the animal cruelty charges for letting a kennel full of dogs die a couple years back, something Ward is not likely to do because the County Prosecutor involved is an (R).

I imagine the seat is loss if that is the case. I'm sure the Democrats have a lot more on Ward.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
@Cyber Liberty

Is there not one decent person in the entire state of Arizona willing to take on Jeff Flake in the primary?

Jeff Flake is a conservative in the grand tradition of Barry Goldwater.   I'd think we could all rally around him - especially given the stakes.   

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

I don't know.  The Mormons are unified behind "their guy," and are always a monolithic block in AZ Republican politics.  There are other candidates besides Ward (I liked DeWitt, the State Treasurer), but now that Trump's goon is behind Ward they'll never get any traction.  I imagine DeWitt's gone already.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Jeff Flake is a conservative in the grand tradition of Barry Goldwater.   I'd think we could all rally around him - especially given the stakes.   

You would.  Did Goldwater ever lie to the voters about Term Limits as Flake did?
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I don't know.  The Mormons are unified behind "their guy," and are always a monolithic block in AZ Republican politics.  There are other candidates besides Ward (I liked DeWitt, the State Treasurer), but now that Trump's goon is behind Ward they'll never get any traction.  I imagine DeWitt's gone already.

Wasn't aware there are other candidates besides Ward and Flake.  Good to know!  Thanks!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Wasn't aware there are other candidates besides Ward and Flake.  Good to know!  Thanks!

I know AZGOP like you know TX, friend....
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I know AZGOP like you know TX, friend....

888high58888  I'm quite sure!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
You would.  Did Goldwater ever lie to the voters about Term Limits as Flake did?

So the stakes aren't important to you?   I guess not.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

As a voter, being told a bald-face lie through his teeth is important to me.  Aren't bald-face lying politicians important to you?  I guess not.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Jeff Flake pulled strings with the Maricopa County Prosecutor to get his kid off the hook for animal cruelty charges stemming from allowing 23 dogs to die in the AZ heat when the Air Conditioning for the kennel failed because of his negligence.  Is that important to you?  I guess not.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Are you saying that the chemtrails are NOT mind control devices. !!  Well, heck, who knew.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Jeff Flake pulled strings with the Maricopa County Prosecutor to get his kid off the hook for animal cruelty charges stemming from allowing 23 dogs to die in the AZ heat when the Air Conditioning for the kennel failed because of his negligence.  Is that important to you?  I guess not.

Okay, that is very important and inexcusable.  So I'm back with Ward, she may be nutty but not cruel.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.