Author Topic: Why Hollywood is the perfect hunting ground for pervs By John Podhoretz  (Read 395 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Opinion
Why Hollywood is the perfect hunting ground for pervs

By John Podhoretz

October 17, 2017 | 7:18pm | Updated

At last check, 47 women have now said they were sexually harassed and/or assaulted by the producer Harvey Weinstein. That number is certain to grow. There’s no way a psychopath with a 30-year history of meeting with young women alone in hotel rooms clad only in a bathrobe only had 1.566 such assignations per annum.

These astounding numbers do not suggest, as many now are, that Weinstein is a representative figure of American maleness in our time. It’s precisely the opposite: His is a story of demonic excess that is so horrifying because it is so exceptional.

more
http://nypost.com/2017/10/17/why-hollywood-is-the-perfect-hunting-ground-for-pervs/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: Why Hollywood is the perfect hunting ground for pervs By John Podhoretz
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 02:47:39 pm »
He just figured this out?

Silver Pines

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 10:42:14 pm »
He just figured this out?

@dfwgator, did you read beyond the title?  It's a good article.  I like Podhoretz's writing and I wish his Commentary work wasn't behind a firewall...although my phone can get around it, to a degree.

I can't sit in judgement of the women who give in to these jerks in order to get paid.  But I do judge the rich, powerful men and women in Hollywood for not blowing this thing wide open sooner.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 11:11:28 pm »
I'm not sure that this kind of problem is as rare (outside of Hollywood) as the article states.  There are plenty of bosses in powerful positions that prey on women in their employ.  In fact, there are just too many sexual predators out there.

Because Hollywood has been libertine since its inception, it got worse there early on, but as the left has successfully destroyed our country's morals and our culture has proceeded to plummet off the slimy slope, men have gotten more obsessed, and many women have lost their ability to say no........... or even want to............as the country has become more immoral.

Granted, starlets (and sometimes their Moms) are so hungry for fame that they throw all morality to the wind, but  I still don't see Weinstein as a rare exception.

At any rate, I'm glad this is coming out, and I hope that Obama's and Clinton's incestuous relationship with Hollywood is finally being exposed.

(And I wish anyone............ ANYone but Trump could call them out on it.  Because he certainly can't).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.