Author Topic: Democrats Are Betting This Will Help Them Retake The House. Will It Work? Matt Vespa  (Read 385 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Democrats Are Betting This Will Help Them Retake The House. Will It Work?
Matt Vespa
10/16/2017 8:30:00 PM -

President Donald Trump and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) shared the podium in the Rose Garden this afternoon, where the two men tried to downplay to reported souring relationship between the White House and Senate Republicans (via ABC News):

Trump claimed that his relationship with McConnell is "outstanding," a refutation of reports ranging back to the summer that documented growing frustrations between the two powerful Republicans.

After first discussing his administration's current efforts at a tax overhaul, Trump suddenly pivoted to describe his rapport with McConnell.

"My relationship with this gentleman is outstanding [and] has been outstanding." Trump said.

McConnell later echoed Trump's sentiment and directly pushed back on the rumors of discord.

"I think what the president and I would both like to say to you today, contrary to what some of you may have reported, we are together totally on this agenda to move America forward," he said. 

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2017/10/16/democrats-are-betting-this-will-help-them-retake-the-house-will-it-work-n2395979
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Some pundit was saying the House has passed 280 bills since Trump's presidency started if that is true. That sure is a lot and the pundit went on to say how little the Senate did; so it really is the Senate that is holding things up, seemingly more so than just pointing at a few individuals.