Author Topic: Man awarded $37K after cops mistake donut glaze for meth  (Read 524 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Man awarded $37K after cops mistake donut glaze for meth
« on: October 16, 2017, 09:59:03 pm »
Not from The Onion.

A man who sued the city of Orlando after police mistook Krispy Kreme doughnut glaze for crystal methamphetamine and arrested him was paid $37,500 to settle the suit, the Orlando Sentinel reported. Daniel Rushing, 65, was taken to jail in 2015 and spent 10 hours there before posting $2,500 bond.

Orlando police officers spotted four tiny flakes of glaze on the floorboard of his vehicle and thought they were pieces of meth.....

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/10/man_awarded_37k_after_cops_mis.html

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
Re: Man awarded $37K after cops mistake donut glaze for meth
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 11:03:13 pm »
I am thinking that the manufacture of the drug test kit needs to also pony up some funds.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 11:04:53 pm »
You'd think cops would know their donuts.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 11:06:39 pm »
was taken to jail in 2015 and spent 10 hours there

$3750 and hour. Not a bad days work.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 11:11:52 pm »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 01:01:22 am »
Dem. Rep. Val Demings to Facebook critic: ‘My First Amendment right is different from yours’

http://conservativefiringline.com/dem-rep-val-demings-facebook-critic-first-amendment-right-different/

This is the former Orlando police chief.  The article is spectacular.  Her husband was Orlando police chief prior to her.  I think there was nonsense that went on with him while he was in the position, but I'm not recalling off the top of my head.  Anyway, the point is, Orlando PD has a history of umm.... acting stupidly.