Author Topic: 'Closer than ever before': Trump rekindles relationship with Mitch McConnell  (Read 1179 times)

Offline Applewood

President Trump touted his relationship with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., on Monday, claiming they are "closer than ever" just months after he attacked the top Senate Republican in a series of bitter tweets.

"We just spent quite a bit of time inside with the Senate Majority Leader, who's been a friend of mine for a long time – long before my world of politics," Trump told reporters after meeting with McConnell to discuss the Senate's legislative agenda.

Related: Mitch McConnell defends relationship with Trump: 'We talk frequently'

"We are probably now, despite what we read, I think ... closer than ever before," Trump added.

Trump blasted McConnell for failing to shepherd an Obamacare replacement bill through the Senate earlier this summer, claiming the GOP leader "who has screamed Repeal and Replace for seven years, couldn't get it done."

"The only problem I have with Mitch McConnell is that, after hearing Repeal and Replace for 7 years, he failed! That should NEVER have happened!" Trump tweeted in late August.
Read more at:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/closer-than-ever-before-trump-rekindles-relationship-with-mcconnell/article/2637656

Online libertybele

Trump to Mitch @ luncheon; "Now about your wife's position ... it just maybe on the line... and Mitch, did I mention that Bannon stating he's declared war on you is not an idle threat"?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ArneFufkin

Good.

Trump needs Mitch, and Mitch and vulnerable GOP Senators in '18 need Trump.

Trump is setting the dialogue and he's not afraid to go after a short con-artist grifter like Corker.

Donald Trump is 6'3".  Bob Corker is 5'7".   

Trump is an alpha male who doesn't like little punks like Corker.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 03:07:34 am by ArneFufkin »

Offline RoosGirl

Good.

Trump needs Mitch, and Mitch and vulnerable GOP Senators in '18 need Trump.

Trump is setting the dialogue and he's not afraid to go after a short con-artist grifter like Corker.

Donald Trump is 6'3".  Bob Corker is 5'7".   

Trump is an alpha male who doesn't like little punks like Corker.

The post starts out reasonable and then...   :facepalm2:

Offline Frank Cannon

The post starts out reasonable and then...   :facepalm2:

Wow! I couldn't agree with you more, but then I remembered you chastising me recently that size does matter. You were talking about height, right?

Offline RoosGirl

Wow! I couldn't agree with you more, but then I remembered you chastising me recently that size does matter. You were talking about height, right?

I was talking about you, wasn't I?  Are you tall?

Offline Frank Cannon

I was talking about you, wasn't I?  Are you tall?

When I am standing or lying down?

Offline RoosGirl

When I am standing or lying down?

For the sake of argument, yes.

Offline Frank Cannon

For the sake of argument, yes.

Then I am both ways.

Offline RoosGirl

Then I am both ways.

Yes, I suspected you went both ways.

Offline Frank Cannon

Yes, I suspected you went both ways.

Listen. I don;t know what you heard but those rumors about Beiber are way over-exaggerated. It was a mild groping at best.

Offline RoosGirl

Listen. I don;t know what you heard but those rumors about Beiber are way over-exaggerated. It was a mild groping at best.

Eww, I thought you had better taste than that.

Offline Frank Cannon

Eww, I thought you had better taste than that.

I was young. He was rich. The elevator was crowded and I was defenseless.

Offline RoosGirl

I was young. He was rich. The elevator was crowded and I was defenseless.

Now I'm beginning to think this might be a bullshit story.