Author Topic: Here's What Your Taxpayer Dollars Did At Tesla  (Read 402 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Here's What Your Taxpayer Dollars Did At Tesla
« on: October 16, 2017, 03:52:35 pm »
By Neil Stevens
https://www.redstate.com/neil_stevens/2017/10/16/heres-taxpayer-dollars-tesla/

Elon Musk’s Tesla has received billions in subsides from the US government. They were supposed
to create jobs and a good product. What really happened?

And yes, that’s billions with a b that Musk has received. Let’s see what good it did.

First off, Barack Obama’s subsidies were meant to create jobs. Barack Obama ran on a “green jobs” program,
promising to create five million jobs. Well, it turns out that was a bust at Tesla. Tesla is ditching 2% of the
company right before the holiday season
. They claim the employees were fired because of performance,
and not for cost cutting, but Reuters has reported differently.

And given that they just had to do a major recall due to a safety defect in some of their newest Model X
SUVs, the second such recall of the model . . .

. . . Tesla SUVs are safe as long as you don’t put more than one adult in the back like that. Yeah. Would
you feel safe putting kids back there, either?

Tesla is a creation of subsidy. And it shows.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Mom MD

Re: Here's What Your Taxpayer Dollars Did At Tesla
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 03:58:06 pm »
Well at least it wasn't paying for abortions....

But I would much rather it be in my pocket saving for my retirement or helping pay for my kids education.  I just love what the government does with my tax $

9999hair out0000
God is still in control

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 04:00:10 pm »
Tesla is finished. They just canned a bunch of workers in the middle of building the Model S line and are now building those cars by hand with the crew that is left. Reason for that? Tesla is burning through massive amounts of cash the last year. They are nonviable even with govt' handouts.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 04:02:49 pm »
Thats what happens when uncle sam uses taxpayer dollars for venture capitalism.  Leave it to the venture capitalists please.
God is still in control

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 07:03:44 pm »
What idiot leftists really believe is that the major car companies are colluding to refuse to build all those great electric cars that would save the world.
The reality is the car companies would love to have  good electric cars if they thought they could make money off them.  They don't make them because they can't sell them.
Maybe some time in the future they'll come up with a good one. I don't put it past the ingenuity of people and incentives to make a successful electric car that we won't eventually have a decent electric car.
But it won't be because of gov. meddling that we get one.
Leave it to private industry.  If a good one arrives (good meaning affordable and reliable), it will sell.