Author Topic: US immigration population hits record 60 million, 1-of-5 in nation  (Read 556 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
US immigration population hits record 60 million, 1-of-5 in nation
by Paul Bedard | Oct 16, 2017, 7:38 AM

A huge boom in immigration, legal and illegal, over the past 16 years has jumped the immigrant population to over 43 million in the United States, according to a new report.

And when their U.S.-born children are added, the number grows to over 60 million, making the immigrant community nearly one-fifth of the nation's population, according to federal statistics reviewed by the Center for Immigration Studies.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/us-immigration-population-hits-record-60-million-1-of-5-in-nation/article/2637603
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: US immigration population hits record 60 million, 1-of-5 in nation
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 04:01:44 pm »
And I'd think most of these would be Democratic Party voters.

I love all people, I don't love how they vote. That's a huge number. 20%, that's way to much immigration for a 16 year period.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 04:03:43 pm »
And I'd think most of these would be Democratic Party voters.

I love all people, I don't love how they vote. That's a huge number. 20%, that's way to much immigration for a 16 year period.

I'm fine with legal immigration. "Give us your huddled masses" etc.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 04:08:18 pm »
I think the program implemented in the 1960s with Senator Ted Kennedy though, brought in too many from "underdeveloped countries" who in turn vote more for the Democrats. That's my problem. Even if it was a split of 45% Republican, 55% Democrat, it still will catch up.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 05:22:20 pm »
I don't think these numbers are integratable.  At least not into America as we knew it.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 12:47:58 am »
I don't think these numbers are integratable.  At least not into America as we knew it.
I agree.  There is not enough enforcement of our language nor of the knowledge of how this country was devised.

It is a recipe for disaster if we do not properly screen immigrants and equip them with the proper instruction on how to become meaningful contributors to this country.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 12:50:31 am »
Another 'see, I toldja so'

12m illegal aliens right? Hasn't that been the number?
I am on the record, years hence, saying it was more like 50m.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 01:20:51 am »
Another 'see, I toldja so'

12m illegal aliens right? Hasn't that been the number?
I am on the record, years hence, saying it was more like 50m.

No, that's not the article is saying:

A huge boom in immigration, legal and illegal, over the past 16 years has jumped the immigrant population to over 43 million in the United States, according to a new report.

And when their U.S.-born children are added, the number grows to over 60 million, making the immigrant community nearly one-fifth of the nation's population, according to federal statistics reviewed by the Center for Immigration Studies.

Legal and illegal, I'll bet the "legal" immigration is at least 40 million of the projected 60 million.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 01:21:33 am by TomSea »

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2017, 01:33:03 am »
"US immigration population hits record 60 million, 1-of-5 in nation..."

That's enough.
We're "all full up".
No mas!
Not for another fifty to seventy-five years!

Let the "tired, poor, huddled masses yearning to breathe free" find somewhere else!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 01:34:17 am by Fishrrman »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2017, 01:38:05 pm »
We have a Sudanese family in the neighborhood, Sudan has had the real bad genocidal wars, look up 'lost boys' or read one of their books, that is better.  They send their children to Catholic schools, in ways, they are conservative, had a pro-traditional marriage sign in their front yard at one time, I've seen some of their fellow Sudanese visit, one man using a walker, another time, I saw a blind man, it would not surprise me if they got these injuries in the war over there. I've even met Africans who voted for Bush in 2004 but all that said, I'm sure, that family still tends to vote Democratic, even if the Democratic party was not running a half black candidate.  One of their guests definitely had an Obama bumper sticker on their car. Well, if I was black, I probably would have voted for him. People don't think enough about their vote.