Author Topic: Officials Sniffing Into How So Many People Win State Lotteries So Many Times  (Read 1713 times)

Offline endicom

PJ Media
Rod Kackley
Oct. 15, 2017

Nadine Vukovich has purchased more winning Pennsylvania Lottery scratchers than anyone in Pennsylvania. A PennLive investigation found the veterinarian scratched off $350,000 in winnings from 209 tickets over 12 years. Each winning ticket was worth $600 or more.

>

As unusual or “implausible” as Vukovich’s lottery winning streak might seem, it pales compared to the nation’s top lottery winner — 79-year-old Clarence Jones of Lynn, Mass. One day alone, in December 2016, he turned in 20 winning scratch-off tickets worth a total of $21,000.

Over the past six years, Jones has cashed in more than 7,300 winning lottery tickets with a total of $10.8 million.

More... https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/2017/10/15/officials-sniffing-many-people-win-state-lotteries-many-times/

Offline RoosGirl

I wish someone would spill the beans.

Offline Frank Cannon

PA lottery scandals are so commonplace they made a movie about it with John Travolta and the blonde chick from Friends.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980_Pennsylvania_Lottery_scandal

Offline endicom

I wish someone would spill the beans.

That won't be anyone pocketing the beans.

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.

Maybe she's psychic.

On a TV program,  a woman who won a huge amount on a scratch off
said the color and shape of the design called to her as she was paying
for another purchase, and she was compelled to buy it.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 02:52:33 am by KingsX »

Offline endicom

Maybe she's psychic.

On a TV program,  a woman who won a huge amount on a scratch off
said the color and shape of the design called to her as she was paying
for another purchase, and she was compelled to buy it.

And Trump wants to give her a tax break.

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL. Top Notch!

Offline stephen50right

PJ Media
Rod Kackley
Oct. 15, 2017

Nadine Vukovich has purchased more winning Pennsylvania Lottery scratchers than anyone in Pennsylvania. A PennLive investigation found the veterinarian scratched off $350,000 in winnings from 209 tickets over 12 years. Each winning ticket was worth $600 or more.

>

As unusual or “implausible” as Vukovich’s lottery winning streak might seem, it pales compared to the nation’s top lottery winner — 79-year-old Clarence Jones of Lynn, Mass. One day alone, in December 2016, he turned in 20 winning scratch-off tickets worth a total of $21,000.

Over the past six years, Jones has cashed in more than 7,300 winning lottery tickets with a total of $10.8 million.

More... https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/2017/10/15/officials-sniffing-many-people-win-state-lotteries-many-times/

Seems to me like it's just variance. The Jones example assuming they were $1 lottery tickets, is around a 1500% return on investment. And that's not including all the losing tickets he obviously had.

Let's say he had 5 losing lottery tickets for every winner, and I'd be sure that is a very low estimate. That would be around a 250% return on investment. Certainly not anything unbelievable as far as variance is concerned when taking into account the many millions of lottery players.

Offline RoosGirl

LOL

Offline KingsX

The irony is... Trump has been put in power to bring down the house
[and the senate and the whole ship of state.]

Offline RoosGirl

Seems to me like it's just variance. The Jones example assuming they were $1 lottery tickets, is around a 1500% return on investment. And that's not including all the losing tickets he obviously had.

Let's say he had 5 losing lottery tickets for every winner, and I'd be sure that is a very low estimate. That would be around a 250% return on investment. Certainly not anything unbelievable as far as variance is concerned when taking into account the many millions of lottery players.

I think you have your percentages a little wrong. It's more like 150,000%

Offline Frank Cannon

The irony is... Trump has been put in power to bring down the house
[and the senate and the whole ship of state.]

But you argued that the whole GOP is a corrupt outfit that favors the Oligarchs? Isn't bringing them down good? How else are you going to get your Communist replacement govt'?

Offline KingsX

But you argued that the whole GOP is a corrupt outfit that favors the Oligarchs? Isn't bringing them down good? How else are you going to get your Communist replacement govt'?

Candidate Trump touted tax cuts for business which caused the stock market to skyrocket.

Populist Trump also initially touted huge standard deductions to benefit lower and middle income people = $25,000 single / $50,000 married couple.

Then he handed tax reform over to GOP Scrooges for them to figure out the details. But the devil is in the details and Trump knows it. 

GOP leaders are basically following their June 2016  "Blueprint"  tax proposal that gives the gold mine to rich oligarchs and the shaft to the lower classes.

Trump has manipulated the GOP between a rock and a hard place.  Whether or not their tax cuts for the rich bill passes,  the GOP has initiated class warfare and they will suffer for it.

Btw... after the fall of the USSR, former Communists in Russia morphed into rich oligarchs who bought denationalized factories and industry pennies on the dollar and became millionaires and billionaires while the average Russian suffered and starved.  Today, many of those "Russian" oligarchs [many of them are NOT ethnic Russian] also own western companies.

Offline RoosGirl

"rich oligarchs"  I feel like I've heard that term somewhere before...

Offline KingsX

Does the term,  populism, mean anything to you ?

That is how Trump won... by being a populist and appealing to the common folk
 who came out in droves to vote for him.

The GOP's tax cut for the rich is NOT populist and it increases taxes on common folk.

Have I given you enough vision to see a huge train wreck up ahead ??

« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 04:34:48 am by KingsX »

Offline Frank Cannon

This?

Offline stephen50right

I think you have your percentages a little wrong. It's more like 150,000%

10,800,000 divided by 7,300 = 1,479

Offline RoosGirl

10,800,000 divided by 7,300 = 1,479

Yep, that's not percentage though