Author Topic: How Nicky and Willy could have prevented World War I  (Read 464 times)

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.
How Nicky and Willy could have prevented World War I
« on: October 15, 2017, 06:36:17 am »

Below is a link to a very interesting article how cousins Tsar Nicholas II of Russia and Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany sent private messages to one another to try to avoid WW1.

Tsar Nicholas II of Russia and his cousins  Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany and King George V of Britain used to wear one another's military uniforms. But due to circumstances and events beyond their control...  in the end,   King George V of Britain was forced to change his German name to Windsor,  Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany was deposed by revolutionaries and Tsar Nicholas II of Russia was deposed by democrat revolutionaries and murdered [with his entire family] by bolshevik revolutionaries. 

How Nicky and Willy could have prevented World War I

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/how-nicky-and-willy-could-have-prevented-world-war-i/2014/07/25/192165ca-1275-11e4-98ee-daea85133bc9_story.html

« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 06:37:51 am by KingsX »

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.
Re: How Nicky and Willy could have prevented World War I
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 07:31:08 pm »

When I study history,  I am alert to unique and interesting patterns that add new and sometimes hidden dimension to the story.

WW2 was a continuation of WW1.

Hitler's Third Reich was a continuation of the First Reich which was the Holy Roman Empire and the Second Reich which was the German monarchy that ended when revolutionaries deposed Kaiser Wilhelm II in 1918.

Ironically, democrat and bolshevik revolutionaries destroyed both Tsar Nicholas and  Kaiser Wilhelm... and an alliance between western democrats and eastern bolsheviks destroyed  Adolf Hitler.