Author Topic: Half of US, Japan Teens ‘Addicted’ to Smartphones  (Read 370 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Half of US, Japan Teens ‘Addicted’ to Smartphones
« on: October 14, 2017, 09:43:40 pm »
Half of US, Japan Teens ‘Addicted’ to Smartphones
Bruce Alpert

About half of teenagers in the United States and Japan say they are addicted to their smartphones.

University of Southern California (USC) researchers asked 1,200 Japanese about their use of electronic devices. The researchers are with the Walter Annenberg School for Communications and Journalism. Their findings were compared with an earlier study on digital media use among families in North America.

“Advances in digital media and mobile devices are changing the way we engage not only with the world around us, but also with the people who are the closest to us,” said Willow Bay, head of the Annenberg School.

Continued at: https://www.voanews.com/a/tennagers-us-japan-addicted-smartphones/4065894.html

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Half of US, Japan Teens ‘Addicted’ to Smartphones
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 09:56:32 pm »
As an adult, I admit a certain "addiction," with both smartphones and computers.

I spend little time with teens. But Among adults, I note a very significant increase in the numbers of adults that, like me, find it hard to keep my fingers of the little screens for long.

No games for me. Just business, news and politics. And music.   
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline berdie

Re: Half of US, Japan Teens ‘Addicted’ to Smartphones
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 01:31:02 am »
I work in an office of "over 50's..closer to 60". Everyone walks around with their phone in their hand. It ain't just teens in Japan with this problem.