Author Topic: Turkey’s Erdogan says no problem with Russian S-400 purchases  (Read 581 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Turkey’s Erdogan says no problem with Russian S-400 purchases
« on: October 14, 2017, 08:54:13 am »
REUTERS

President Tayyip Erdogan said there was no problem with Turkey's planned purchase of Russian S-400 surface-to-air missile systems and talks have also been held on the S-500 system, Haberturk and other newspapers reported on Friday.

His Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu was quoted on Monday as saying NATO member Turkey could seek a deal to acquire a missile defence system with another country if Russia does not agree to joint production of the defence shield.

Speaking to reporters as he returned on his plane from a trip to Ukraine and Serbia, Erdogan said there would be no joint production in the first stage of S-400 purchases, but in the second stage “God willing we will take joint production steps", Haberturk reported.

“In our talks with [Russia President Vladimir] Putin we are not thinking of stopping with the S-400s. We have had talks on the S-500s too,” he added, referring to a missile system currently under development.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/international/turkeys-erdogan-says-no-problem-with-russian-s-400-purchases/article19851980.ece
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: Turkey’s Erdogan says no problem with Russian S-400 purchases
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 08:57:15 am »
I was not hoping to say this in my lifetime, but a NATO country buying missiles from Russia,we ought to leave.
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome