Author Topic: UK: Teen sexually assaulted three separate times in under an hour  (Read 767 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Teen sexually assaulted three separate times in under an hour
Fox News

A teen was sexually assaulted three times in an hour in London. This surveillance photo shows one of the suspects.  (London Metropolitan Police)

A 17-year-old girl was sexually assaulted three times in the span of an hour as she walked home from a night out in London, police said.

The teenager, who was not identified, became separated from her friends following a night at the Tower Hamlets club in east London when she was attacked three times in quick succession. The terrifying incidents happened between 11:55 p.m. on Sept. 29 and 12:55 a.m. on Sept. 30.

Continued at: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/10/13/teen-sexually-assaulted-three-separate-times-in-under-hour.html

That picture above looks like it could be a Muslim; the other picture at the link may not indicate it.  Perhaps if we knew more about this part of London, we could also make qualified judgements.

Offline Applewood

Re: UK: Teen sexually assaulted three separate times in under an hour
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 10:24:15 am »
It just isn't prudent for a woman to be walking home alone at night.  Not saying she asked for it, but the world is a dangerous place these days.  People have to learn there are no safe places, particularly late at night.  If you aren't going to be armed, avoid being out by yourself.  Have someone with you or use some reliable public transport.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 01:10:17 pm »
Amen. I can speak from experience

I also think it's mandatory for every woman/girl to take martial arts to learn how to protect yourself.

I wish I had learned it as a tween/teenager.

I love England. This saddens me
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 01:11:05 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 02:00:58 pm »
If they were out partying as the story seems to say, she may have been intoxicated. Sad story.

And I read it occurred in East London, so a large area but that does tell me a little.

But it happened 3 different times, hence, I'm not sure one can make a blanket statement as to the identity of all of the individuals.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 02:23:45 pm »
Amen. I can speak from experience

I also think it's mandatory for every woman/girl to take martial arts to learn how to protect yourself.

I wish I had learned it as a tween/teenager.

I love England. This saddens me

About the only part of England I've ever been to is Gatwick Airport .  Had a layover on a return flight from Barcelona to Pittsburgh following a Mediterranean Cruise.  Always hoped to see the rest of England (or at least London)  someday. 

The point is that no matter where this crime occurred -- a slum or an affluent neighborhood -- nowhere is safe, particularly for a defenseless young girl late at night.  Martial arts might have helped, particularly since much of that part of the world doesn't allow guns, but even better would be to try to avoid being out alone after dark in the first place.