Author Topic: IT’S COME TO THIS: Hecklers shout down California attorney general, assembly majority leader at Whittier College.  (Read 377 times)

Offline endicom

Instapundit
Glenn Reynolds
Oct. 13, 2017

Excerpts:

On the one hand, I think that all campus speakers should be free to speak without interruption. On the other hand, I can’t help but note that in California, that rule hasn’t been observed equally, and quite a few left-leaning government and university officials have taken sides with lefty disruptors. So I have to hope that this sort of thing — a sort of mutual assured destruction — will cause them to rethink their positions and endorse free speech for all. Sometimes people need help learning:

>

As I’ve said before, “The thing is, you don’t get Hitler because of Hitler — there are always potential Hitlers out there. You get Hitler because of Weimar, and you get Weimar because the liberals are too corrupt and incompetent to maintain a liberal polity.” If something like this is all it takes to get them to do their jobs, we’ll have done better than, frankly, I expect.

More... https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/278302/#respond

I suspect the hecklers did this to bring the issue to a head.