Author Topic: Dude builds world’s first semi-automatic portable railgun, uses it to kill a laptop  (Read 1344 times)

Offline Suppressed

Dude builds world’s first semi-automatic portable railgun, uses it to kill a laptop
Mike Wehner  @MikeWehner
October 12th, 2017 at 2:43 PM
http://bgr.com/2017/10/12/portable-railgun-diy-nsa-listbot-semi-automatic/

A couple of years ago, a Imgur user by the name of NSA_Listbot showed off one of the most impressive DIY creations ever attempted: an actual handheld, portable railgun. Its ability to fire plasma projectiles at speeds topping 550 mph was an incredible accomplishment. So, what’s the builder of the first handheld railgun do to top himself? Why, he makes it three times as powerful, shrinks it by half, and adds a semi-automatic firing mechanism, of course!

This is the SR-1, and it’s the first semi-automatic portable railgun ever built. It’s an incredible marriage of 3D-printed parts, high-end mechanical components, and truly brilliant design, and it’s already been used to kill melons and a laptop. Watch out, world.

[...]

Excerpt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMeY7LIb6ZQ
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Hey Ma, I know what I want for Christmas!
The Republic is lost.