Author Topic: Social Security Benefits Rising 2% In 2018, But Most Won't Get the Money  (Read 2955 times)

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.
Re: Social Security Benefits Rising 2% In 2018, But Most Won't Get the Money
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2017, 05:11:19 am »

You people [and I use that term loosely] are really messed up.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2017, 05:17:23 am »

We all float down here.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2017, 05:37:56 am »

Not really. I tried that fetish but it didn't do anything for me....

Offline KingsX

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2017, 06:12:07 am »

Letter to the editor from a California newspaper:

" Letters: Social Security increase is a farce

October 17, 2017

Re “Social Security benefits to rise by 2 percent in 2018” (sacbee.com, Oct. 13): Just as I was about to get hopeful for even a mere 2 percent rise in my Social Security to meet escalating cost of living expenses, I discovered on Medicare's website that Medicare Part B will coincidentally increase by the same amount next year. I think we should all vote to have our legislators give us their pay and free medical benefits and let them try to live on our Social Security “benefits.” My only satisfaction is that the greedy, ignorant and insulting legislator parasites feeding off us hosts will eventually destroy their own economics as this house of cards continues to collapse. "

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2017, 06:18:13 am »

Letter to the editor from a California newspaper:

" Letters: Social Security increase is a farce

October 17, 2017

Re “Social Security benefits to rise by 2 percent in 2018” (sacbee.com, Oct. 13): Just as I was about to get hopeful for even a mere 2 percent rise in my Social Security to meet escalating cost of living expenses, I discovered on Medicare's website that Medicare Part B will coincidentally increase by the same amount next year. I think we should all vote to have our legislators give us their pay and free medical benefits and let them try to live on our Social Security “benefits.” My only satisfaction is that the greedy, ignorant and insulting legislator parasites feeding off us hosts will eventually destroy their own economics as this house of cards continues to collapse. "

That stupid idiot lives in Cali with a high cost of living and is confused why their COLA is insignificant? This person is effing stupid.

Take your Commie bullshit and shove it. It can keep you warm on cold days.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 06:24:59 am by MOD8 »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2017, 06:27:28 am »
That stupid idiot lives in Cali with a high cost of living and is confused why their COLA is insignificant? This person is effing stupid.

That was a very respectful edit Mod 8. Top Notch! Keep up the good work. Mod 1 is a different story. A real ball buster.

Offline KingsX

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2017, 06:42:04 am »

Nothing I've seen recently surpasses the cruel crude stupidity I've seen posted on this forum.

It's been quite an education to see "monsters from the id" displayed with such demented passion.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 06:44:22 am by KingsX »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2017, 06:46:24 am »

Nothing I've seen recently surpasses the cruel crude heartless stupidity I've seen posted on this form.

It's been quite an education to see "monsters from the id" displayed with such demented passion.

Swell. Glad you're enjoying your time here. Be sure to mention all the fun you're having here when you write home to DU.

Now please excuse me while I do something after reading another one of your bright and insightful posts....

Offline KingsX

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2017, 06:52:32 am »

Swell. Glad you're enjoying your time here. Be sure to mention all the fun you're having here when you write home to DU.

Now please excuse me while I do something after reading another one of your bright and insightful posts....

You are the poster boy for a degenerate empire too long in the tooth that has outlasted it's ability to rationally think or function and is ready to implode from its self-serving delusions.

Offline KingsX

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2017, 07:16:06 am »

Ironically, on Oct 17 Trump used the same phrase I have used on this forum over and over to describe fallout from the GOP's proposed tax cuts for the rich initiating class warfare.

Also ironic... by verbally attacking McCain over healthcare,  Trump may be guaranteeing McCain will also vote no on the GOP's tax plan.   But then, it's the fallout from the GOP's class warfare that "won't be pretty."

" ‘It won’t be pretty’ Trump promises to ‘fight back’ against McCain "

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/it-wont-be-pretty-trump-promises-to-fight-back-against-mccain/2017/10/17/201b9202-b34d-11e7-9e58-e6288544af98_story.html

« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 08:15:39 am by KingsX »

Offline KingsX

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2017, 07:22:24 am »

Btw... who here understands McCain's "blood and soil" reference to Trump ??

Without looking it up on Google.

Offline KingsX

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2017, 08:20:06 am »

Trump again... and again I will add...  "it won't be pretty."

" If we get the Republicans we need, which is virtually every single one of them...we will get that largest tax cut in the history of our country,” President Trump said Tuesday in a speech to the Heritage Foundation. “And you will see things happen like have never happened before... "

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/senate-one-step-closer-to-approving-tax-cuts-after-vote-to-open-budget-debate/2017/10/17/f3815740-b351-11e7-9e58-e6288544af98_story.html

Offline KingsX

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2017, 10:28:00 pm »

Official  IRS numbers for inflation adjusted 2018 standard deductions, personal exemptions, etc..

Single deduction is $6500
Married deduction is $13,000
Head of household  deduction is $9550

Personal exemption is $4150

No mention of an increase in the extra deduction for seniors over age 65 or blind.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/in-2018-some-tax-benefits-increase-slightly-due-to-inflation-adjustments-others-unchanged

As you can see... the GOP's proposed tax plan [$12,000 single/$24,000 married standard deductions]
[which eliminates personal exemptions, head of household standard deduction and the over age 65
or blind extra standard deductions] is NOT "double" the standard deduction... as "Lying Ted" Cruz
repeated once again in the tax debate on CNN last night.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 11:31:34 pm by KingsX »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2017, 10:48:18 pm »
@KingsX

Are these numbers as they stand now, or do they reflect what they will be should this tax reform legislation pass?

Just IMHO -- it's really not worthwhile to get into a lather over the tax reform proposal. I'm going to guess it's going to be revised many times before it's voted on.  Now if only our representatives will let us see the final bill before it's voted on, instead of doing the Nancy Pelosi shtick with Obamacare --that we have to pass it first to find out what's in it -- we will know whether this thing is good or bad.

Offline KingsX

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2017, 11:18:18 pm »

@KingsX

Are these numbers as they stand now, or do they reflect what they will be should this tax reform legislation pass?

Just IMHO -- it's really not worthwhile to get into a lather over the tax reform proposal. I'm going to guess it's going to be revised many times before it's voted on.  Now if only our representatives will let us see the final bill before it's voted on, instead of doing the Nancy Pelosi shtick with Obamacare --that we have to pass it first to find out what's in it -- we will know whether this thing is good or bad.

What I just posted are official IRS adjusted for inflation numbers for 2018 based on current law.

The GOP's proposed tax reform is not even a bill yet... so the IRS goes about its business same as usual.

I posted this so you can compare what your tax exempt amount will be in 2018 verses the 'bait and switch' the GOP has been lying about when it says it "doubles" the standard deduction.  The GOP proposed figures [$12,000 single/$24,000 married]  is NOT "double" the standard deduction last year, this year or next year... they totally invented those numbers.  Furthermore,  the GOP wants to eliminate personal exemptions and eliminate both the head of household and extra over age 65 or blind standard deductions. And don't forget the GOP wants to INCREASE the lowest tax rate from 10% to 12%.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 11:22:10 pm by KingsX »