Author Topic: FRIDAY 13 – THE ARRESTS OF THE KNIGHTS TEMPLAR  (Read 635 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

FRIDAY 13 – THE ARRESTS OF THE KNIGHTS TEMPLAR
« on: October 13, 2017, 10:18:30 am »
History Channel

Friday 13 is considered an unlucky day in the Western World with various reasons suggested for this belief. One of these is the amazing story of a Western Christian Military order called the Knights Templar, an exclusive organisation that existed for some 200 years during the Middle Ages.

The roots of the order went back to France during the Crusades in the 12th Century with the formation of a group of nine French knights designed to protect pilgrims on their way to Jerusalem. They set up their headquarters on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem and became known as the Knights Templar.

From this small beginning the order grew in numbers and power with chapters spreading from France into England, Scotland, Spain and Portugal. They were given Papal patronage from Pope Innocent II in 1139 and provided with the freedom to move across national borders and immunity from taxation.

They became a powerful force of “warrior monks” renowned for their fighting ability, gradually accumulating massive wealth through various commercial dealings –considerably enhanced by their tax free status.

And it was this power that worried King Philip IV of France – fears of a strong and independent army, massively wealthy and with the ability to move around Europe with impunity. He decided to break their power and on Friday 13 October 1307 he ordered the arrest of many French Templars on charges of heresy, and this was followed by torture and execution, including burning at the stake. Many believed that the heresy charges were “trumped up” in order to justify Philip’s action – and for his confiscation of their tremendous financial assets.

In 1312 the order of the Knights Templar was officially dissolved by Pope Clement V, and was gradually dismantled, beginning in France and then across to England, Scotland and Spain.  The day the arrests began, Friday 13, developed a reputation of bad luck – a popular belief that still exists today in much of the Western world.

https://www.historychannel.com.au/this-day-in-history/friday-13-arrests-knights-templar/
http://www.history.com/topics/the-knights-templar
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/14493a.htm
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 10:42:42 am by DemolitionMan »
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: FRIDAY 13 – THE ARRESTS OF THE KNIGHTS TEMPLAR
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 10:43:47 am »
They were more than a Military Order, they were the first international bankers. IIRC, Phillip IV was in pretty deep with the Order and decided to erase his debts.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: FRIDAY 13 – THE ARRESTS OF THE KNIGHTS TEMPLAR
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 10:47:33 am »
They were more than a Military Order, they were the first international bankers. IIRC, Phillip IV was in pretty deep with the Order and decided to erase his debts.

That is true. They started the supermarket check system and other banking systems.

http://www.keephopealive.org/dbanking101.html
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 10:53:49 am by DemolitionMan »
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome