Author Topic: Conservatives, Get Real with Yourselves and Denounce Trump’s Attacks on the Press  (Read 2178 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Depends on if I'm going to a hispanic heritage month event.

You shouldn't wear a shirt you like when you go to those. They'll just tear it off anyway.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, It's MY First Amendment, and the Government can keep it's sticky meathooks off it, I don't care what letter they put after their name, be it D or R or GLBTQ, none of them have a right to take it away.

If the government wants to argue with what someone says, they have access to microphones all day long. The rest of us have a Right to speak our mind, even the people I disagree with.

What ever happened to "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Defense of the First Amendment is something that conservatives have traditionally bragged about.
By Katherine Timpf
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/452623/trump-first-amendment-tweet-attacks-press-first-amendment-conservative-value-hypocrisy

@EasyAce

Dear Katherine Timpf,with all due respect,ESAD!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don’t recall Clinton discussing “challenging” licenses of news outlets he didn’t like. Of course, Nixon certainly did before he resigned the Presidency so perhaps that might be a better comparison.   :tongue2:

@Concerned

True,but only because all the major media outlets in this country are owned and controlled by left-wing fascist One-Worlders. Since they severed Bubba's cause,why the hell WOULD he demand their licenses be challenged?

BTW,a federal or state license to broadcast is NOT a license to be a propaganda organ to spread lies to destroy the country and the Constitution.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
@Concerned

True,but only because all the major media outlets in this country are owned and controlled by left-wing fascist One-Worlders. Since they severed Bubba's cause,why the hell WOULD he demand their licenses be challenged?

BTW,a federal or state license to broadcast is NOT a license to be a propaganda organ to spread lies to destroy the country and the Constitution.

Very well said.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Anyone remember when William Buckley used to do stand up at Slappy Pete's Comedy Cellar on the Lower East Side back in the 50's?

@Frank Cannon

Buckley didn't need to. He provided us with plenty of comedy by letting that black airhead with the Fro from one of the northeastern Ivy League universities appear on his show and try to pretend to be intelligent by debating Buckley. He would spout one brain fart or another,and when Buckley would reply with a question,he would get a look in his eyes EXACTLY like that of a deer seeing a 18 wheeler getting ready to smack him in the nose.

I used to watch Firing Line just to see that happen. I think the Dufus was named Cornelius something.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Didn't dick and ball jokes go out with Buddy Hackett?

@Frank Cannon

HOW DARE YOU! Buddy Hackett was one of the funniest men to ever live!

Offline jpsb

@TomSea
I think you were thinking about Hilarious Rodent Clinton's claim of a "vast right-wing conspiracy trying to
destroy my husband" when the Paula Jones/Monica Lewinsky scandal began to erupt in earnest. ;)

@EasyAce
@TomSea

Clinton went after right wing radio in a speech after Timmy bombed a Federal Building, killed a bunch of people including kids at a day care center in that Building. I think the Building was the Murrow building but I could be mistaken about that.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 03:33:06 pm by jpsb »

Offline jpsb

I still have my Vast Right Wing Member t-shirt. :)

Cool!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Yes, that is all correct: @jpsb

Offline Concerned

@Concerned

I was responding to Reply#7 which opined about Clinton denouncing “right wing radio”. I don’t recall him challenging their licenses or talking about revoking them. That’s the kind of action you see in fascists countries and that’s precisely the kind of power I think Trump would like to exercise.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
@EasyAce
@TomSea

Clinton went after right wing radio in a speech after Timmy bombed a Federal Building, killed a bunch of people including kids at a day care center in that Building. I think the Building was the Murrow building but I could be mistaken about that.
@jpsb
Ah, yes. I guess Hilarious's "vast right-wing conspiracy" remark was just a little juicier to remember. ;)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
I was responding to Reply#7 which opined about Clinton denouncing “right wing radio”. I don’t recall him challenging their licenses or talking about revoking them. That’s the kind of action you see in fascists countries and that’s precisely the kind of power I think Trump would like to exercise.
We might care to remember how thrilled we weren't when, among other things . . .

* A group of Democratic and independent Congresspeople made veiled
threats against Fox's so-called Republican bias in 2004
* A group including Harry Reid once threatened to have ABC affiliates' broadcast licenses pulled
unless the network pulled 9/11 documentary.
* The Democratic National Committee threatened Sinclair Broadcasting over an anti-John Kerry
documentary.
* His Excellency Al-Hashish Field Marshmallow Dr. Barack Obama Dada, COD, RIP, LSMFT, Would-
Have-Been Life President of the Republic Formerly Known as the United States, threatening to have
affiliate licenses pulled for networks airing NRA commercial spots highlighting His Excellency's
anti-gun record.

@Smokin Joe
I'm not sure, but I think Voltaire's been declared persona non grata in today's climate. ;)
Come to think of it, so might have been Nat Hentoff. You know---the author of a trenchant
book called Free Speech for Me But Not for Thee: How The Left and Right Relentlessly
Censor Each Other
. . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.