Author Topic: Colonel Who Reported Communist Cadet Slams West Point Leadership Patrick Granger  (Read 548 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Colonel Who Reported Communist Cadet Slams West Point Leadership
Patrick Granger
Contributor
12:10 AM 10/12/2017

Retired Army Lieutenant Colonel Robert Heffington issued an open letter to West Point graduates earlier this week blasting the superintendent, commandant, and dean of the military academy for contributing to a “culture of permissiveness.”

The letter was subsequently posted on the website of American Military News.

Heffington told The Daily Caller he wrote the letter to the USMA Class of 1963 when several of its graduates contacted him asking how Spenser Rapone, a cadet espousing radically anti-American views, was allowed to graduate.

“The Superintendent refuses to enforce admissions standards or the cadet Honor Code, the Dean refuses to enforce academic standards, and the Commandant refuses to enforce standards of conduct and discipline,” the letter charges. “The end result is a sort of malaise that pervades the entire institution.”

more
http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/12/colonel-who-reported-communist-cadet-slams-west-point-leadership/
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 09:07:16 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Great job Colonel Heffington!   

Thank you for having the courage to address this publicly.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline USMAtoo

Worth noting that Heffington never taught US or military history at West Point, and all he knows of those courses is from sitting in on a couple of lessons.  Search for cadet reactions to see whether they agree with Heffington slamming them all--Rapone is one guy.  Note too that Heffington's current significant other thinks WP needs _more_ attention to gender--see the latest Chronicle of Higher Education.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Worth noting that Heffington never taught US or military history at West Point, and all he knows of those courses is from sitting in on a couple of lessons.  Search for cadet reactions to see whether they agree with Heffington slamming them all--Rapone is one guy.  Note too that Heffington's current significant other thinks WP needs _more_ attention to gender--see the latest Chronicle of Higher Education.

Thank you for the claification and welcome to TBR
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online corbe

@USMAtoo  are you affiliated with the US Military Academy, there are many Veterans here and even a few active duty, Welcome aboard and Thank You for your Service.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

@USMAtoo

And that has to do with the fact that Rapone and a few other cadets seems to have a distinct disdain for the Long Gray Line how exactly?

How does it change the blatant insubordination displayed by Cadet Rapone towards a commissioned officer?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline USMAtoo

@txradioguy

It doesn't.  But note your words:  "Rapone and a few other cadets."  Unfortunately, Heffington treats Rapone as characteristic of all cadets.  I wonder what they and their parents think of that slur?

My other point was in response to Heffington's assertions about classes he has not taught.  More generally, take a look at his adjectives:  they tend to lump all cadets, most faculty, etc., together in exaggerations.  That's the definition of the screed Heffington says (at the end of his letter) he does not want to write.

All institutions have issues and face challenges.  Some wrongs or errors do not make all wrong, and a letter chock full of exaggerations either shows a lack of precision unworthy of an officer and a historian, or a willful blindness.  (Was Heffington the only good officer or teacher at WP?)  And for a retired officer--who is still subject to the UCMJ--to call his superiors liars is what?  Insubordination?  Oh, wait, isn't that what Rapone did?  Glass houses here.  Rapone will get his reward for his disrespect of constitutional authority.  But it seems that a lot of people don't mind gross mischaracterizations (to use a polite term), if they fit preconceived notions.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@txradioguy

It doesn't.  But note your words:  "Rapone and a few other cadets."  Unfortunately, Heffington treats Rapone as characteristic of all cadets.  I wonder what they and their parents think of that slur?

My other point was in response to Heffington's assertions about classes he has not taught.  More generally, take a look at his adjectives:  they tend to lump all cadets, most faculty, etc., together in exaggerations.  That's the definition of the screed Heffington says (at the end of his letter) he does not want to write.

All institutions have issues and face challenges.  Some wrongs or errors do not make all wrong, and a letter chock full of exaggerations either shows a lack of precision unworthy of an officer and a historian, or a willful blindness.  (Was Heffington the only good officer or teacher at WP?)  And for a retired officer--who is still subject to the UCMJ--to call his superiors liars is what?  Insubordination?  Oh, wait, isn't that what Rapone did?  Glass houses here.  Rapone will get his reward for his disrespect of constitutional authority.  But it seems that a lot of people don't mind gross mischaracterizations (to use a polite term), if they fit preconceived notions.

@USMAtoo

I did not at all get "Rapone is characteristic of all cadets" from anything in Colonel Heffington's letter at all and I read every word.  What I got from that letter is the sorrow most of us who have a passion for that formerly fine institution find in the fact that such trash as Mr. Rapone managed to actually graduate with his class and all the fact that he did entails.  Just a few years ago it would have been quite impossible for him to have done that I will assure you!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 09:15:32 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@USMAtoo

I did not at all get "Rapone is characteristic of all cadets" from anything in Colonel Heffington's letter at all and I read every word.  What I got from that letter is the sorrow most of us who have a passion for that formerly fine institution find in the fact that such trash as Mr. Rapone managed to actually graduate with his class and all the fact that he did entails.  Just a few years ago it would have been quite impossible for him to have done that I will assure you!

That's what I got from reading the entire report as well.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!