Author Topic: Israel joins US in pulling out of Unesco after Netanyahu praises America for ‘brave and moral’ decision  (Read 593 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Israel joins US in pulling out of Unesco after Netanyahu praises America for ‘brave and moral’ decision
Independent/UK, Oct 12, 2017

Israel has withdrawn from Unesco following America's decision to leave the United Nations body, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said.

"This is a brave and moral decision, because Unesco has become a theatre of absurd. Instead of preserving history, it distorts it," Mr Netanyahu said of the US's decision.

The Prime Minster said he had instructed the Israeli Foreign Ministry to prepare the country's withdrawal in parallel with the United States.

The US State Department had announced hours earlier that it would withdraw from Unesco and become a non-member observer state by the end of 2018.

More: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/unesco-israel-withdraw-netanyahu-united-nations-trump-latest-a7997506.html

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Yet more EXCELLENT news!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien