Author Topic: Kate Beckinsale: I avoided Harvey Weinstein come ons when I was 17 by saying I 'had school in the morning'  (Read 1877 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/10/12/kate-beckinsale-unattractive-harvey-weinstin-came-onto-me-when-was-17-offered-me-alcohol.html

This may never end.

Harvey Weinstein has another Hollywood actress claiming he sexually harassed her. Kate Beckinsale said her career suffered for rejecting Weinstein’s advances when she was still a minor.

The 44-year-old star posted a lengthy note to Instagram detailing a story that she alleges took place when she was 17 years old.

That's right: 17.

She says she was invited to the Savoy Hotel for a meeting with Weinstein but was told to go to his room upon arrival.

“He opened the door in his bathrobe. I was incredibly naive and young and it did not cross my mind that this older, unattractive man would expect me to have any sexual interest in him," she wrote. "After declining alcohol and announcing that I had school in the morning I left, uneasy but unscathed.”

The star’s account is in line with several others detailed recent exposes from The New York Times and The New Yorker in which several women have come forward with similar stories about the 65-year-old Hollywood mogul.

The plot thickens as she describes an occasion years later in which Weinstein asked her if he had tried anything when they first met.

“I realized he couldn’t remember if he had assaulted me or not,” she wrote.

Beckinsale says that she rejected him professionally for many years, which often resulted in verbal tirades from Weinstein. She claims he would scream at her, call her a “c--t” and make threats. He allegedly would “laughingly” tell people that she lived to say “no” to him.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Frank Cannon

If Harvey had anything to do with blackballing this magnificent piece he should get the death penalty.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
If Harvey had anything to do with blackballing this magnificent piece he should get the death penalty.
If I get the gist of her story right, she blue balled him, essentially.

Offline Major Confusion

• If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.

Arr arr arr.  She should have no-balled him.
If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.

Offline Frank Cannon

:thumbsup:

Offline RoosGirl

So she's 44 now and this happened when she was 17.  This nonsense has been going on for 30 years.

Offline Frank Cannon

So she's 44 now and this happened when she was 17.  This nonsense has been going on for 30 years.

At least. The story the NY Times tanked in '04 had details going back to the early 90's.

Offline RoosGirl

At least. The story the NY Times tanked in '04 had details going back to the early 90's.

Oh, I missed that info.

Offline aligncare

...in addition to the NYT, NBC has been protecting Weinstein for years. When the story broke, no mention on Saturday night live, no breaking news alerts. Nothing. Blackout.  A media-Hollywood cabal.

Offline DB

Funny how all these Hollywood social justice warriors come out swinging after the fact...

Where was all the courage before when it could have actually prevented some of the damage he did?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I'd never heard of Kate Beckinsale until I saw this article...

Offline DB

I'm kind of enjoying this Hollywood meltdown going on right now among all the other bad news...

Does that make me a bad person?

Offline RoosGirl

I'm kind of enjoying this Hollywood meltdown going on right now among all the other bad news...

Does that make me a bad person?

I'm right there with ya, and if it does I don't wanna be good.

Offline Frank Cannon

This is ripe to explode...

James got his Van Der Beek grabbed? "Ripe to explode" probably isn't good wording on that.

Offline DB

James got his Van Der Beek grabbed? "Ripe to explode" probably isn't good wording on that.

LOL, well maybe it was good wording...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 06:18:30 am by DB »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
...in addition to the NYT, NBC has been protecting Weinstein for years. When the story broke, no mention on Saturday night live, no breaking news alerts. Nothing. Blackout.  A media-Hollywood cabal.
Which begs the question of just who he slighted enough that he is being exposed (as if no one knew) suddenly for something that has been going on since talkies?

There are those up the food chain from Harvey who decided he was no longer useful. Who and why, and what do they have planned next/going on now?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline dfwgator

Ooooh they're sooooo brave now coming out against Weinstein. /s

How many other "Weinsteins" are out there that they aren't mentioning?

Offline Smokin Joe

Ooooh they're sooooo brave now coming out against Weinstein. /s

How many other "Weinsteins" are out there that they aren't mentioning?
When one Alpha leaves the pack, another arises....

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jpsb

Here is what Harvey was after. A pic of Kate when she was a young lady.

Offline aligncare

The good Lord was indeed very good to her.

Offline RoosGirl

Which begs the question of just who he slighted enough that he is being exposed (as if no one knew) suddenly for something that has been going on since talkies?

There are those up the food chain from Harvey who decided he was no longer useful. Who and why, and what do they have planned next/going on now?

Maybe he asked Hill for some of the cash back that he gave her for her failed POTUS run.

Offline Smokin Joe

Maybe he asked Hill for some of the cash back that he gave her for her failed POTUS run.
Mebbe. Mebbe the GiBLeTs are chasing the straight pervs out and taking over.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

Thinking I'm going to watch some Kate Beckinsale movies this weekend....