Author Topic: Experts in Twin Peaks shootout trial say Bandidos group a criminal street gang  (Read 900 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Waco Trib by Tommy Witherspoon 10/13/2017

Two motorcycle gang experts testified Thursday that the Bandidos, the nation’s largest motorcycle group, constitute a criminal street gang.

Second-day testimony in the trial of Bandidos Dallas chapter President Jacob Carrizal bogged down significantly Thursday with objections over items included in a PowerPoint presentation to accompany the testimony of Douglas Pearson, a state motorcycle gang expert.

Carrizal, who is on trial in Waco’s 54th State District Court, is the first to stand trial of 154 bikers indicted in the May 17, 2015, shootout at Twin Peaks in Waco that left nine dead and more than 20 wounded.

Carrizal’s attorney, Casie Gotro, objected to the slide presentation prosecutors wanted to use with Pearson’s testimony. Judge Matt Johnson sustained many of her objections that certain photos or charts were irrelevant to Carrizal’s case or were too prejudicial.

More: http://www.wacotrib.com/news/courts_and_trials/experts-in-twin-peaks-shootout-trial-say-bandidos-group-a/article_9d5867ce-4c04-519b-99a5-f08147c1cd0a.html

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The very use of the word "gang" is a pejorative that creates an image that works against the defense. I'd object to the term.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis