Author Topic: Oh My God: Wendy Davis Might Run For Office Again  (Read 1015 times)

Offline thackney

Oh My God: Wendy Davis Might Run For Office Again
« on: October 12, 2017, 04:25:35 pm »
Oh My God: Wendy Davis Might Run For Office Again
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2017/10/11/oh-my-god-wendy-davis-might-run-for-office-again-n2393323
OCTOBER 12, 2017

If you really want to know how bad the Democratic bench is in terms of candidates and role models, just look at this Cosmopolitan piece about Wendy Davis and what she did after her devastating and catastrophic loss to Republican Greg Abbott—sorry, Gov. Abbott.

She went to Costa Rica, drank margaritas with her family, but she said the loss hurt. At the same time, she goes on about how 2014 was not really an indicator concerning whether Texas was trending blue, and she lamented on how her filibuster of a late-term abortion bill allowed Republicans to label her “abortion Barbie.” She felt that really didn’t represent her, despite that fact that to enter the American progressive club you must be pro-abortion—and not just pro-abortion, but for government subsidies of it with no limits and no apologies. Late term abortion is already deeply unpopular and 20-weeks bans on abortions are popular—60 percent of American women support them. Davis only got national attention because Barack Obama, showing his support for abortion rights, tweeted about her abortion bill filibuster in the Texas Senate. If she wanted to get beyond that, that’s her fault, as Davis had to have known she was on the national state solely because of her pro-choice advocacy.

The campaign, by all accounts, was a disaster. She mocked Abbott’s use of a wheelchair in an ad. The consulting firm that steered her to victory in her state Senate race wrote a memo on how her campaign was rudderless by January of 2014. Instead of shifting towards the center, Davis’ campaign was banking on a silent majority of liberal voters in Texas, which the firm, Prism Communications, noted was not the way to win in the state. They concluded that the campaign operation was either broken or in desperate need of an overhaul. It never happened. Davis couldn’t even garner 40 percent of the vote in 2014. Still, the Left spun her crushing loss as a win because, well, let’s face it—2014 was a very bad year for Democrats. In the aftermath of her gubernatorial loss and Hillary’s 2016 upset defeat, which she also described as difficult, she’s started her own organization to elect more women candidates and said she might run for office again [emphasis mine]:....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Oh My God: Wendy Davis Might Run For Office Again
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 01:41:16 am »
We always need a Democrat whipping boy.  Oops, girl.

Last Dem that won in a statewide election was in 1990.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 01:48:17 am »
I hate that chain of fast food joints she runs.

Offline berdie

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 02:26:16 am »
Well, she is so unpopular..this could be a good thing.

Disclaimer: I despise this woman.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 03:26:01 am »
Great news, I love to see the dems waste their time and money.