Author Topic: American Caitlan Coleman, family freed from Afghanistan captors  (Read 995 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
American Caitlan Coleman, family freed from Afghanistan captors
« on: October 12, 2017, 01:07:24 pm »
An American woman, her Canadian husband and their three young children -- who had been held captive since 2012 by the Taliban-affiliated Haqqani network -- were freed after an operation involving Pakistani forces, officials announced Thursday.

Caitlan Coleman, 32, was seven months pregnant when she and her husband, Josh Boyle, were abducted.

The operation that set Coleman, Boyle and their children free was undertaken by Pakistani forces based on actionable intelligence provided by U.S. authorities, according to a statement by the ISPR. U.S. intelligence agencies had been tracking the hostages and shared the location with Pakistani counterparts when the hostages shifted into Pakistani territory Wednesday.

more
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/10/12/american-caitlin-coleman-family-freed-from-afghanistan-captors.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Suppressed

Re: American Caitlan Coleman, family freed from Afghanistan captors
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 01:08:07 pm »
Bravo!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 01:22:43 pm »
Weird story. Why were they hiking in Afghanistan while she was 7 months pregnant??
Countdown to Resignation

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 01:28:14 pm »
Weird story. Why were they hiking in Afghanistan while she was 7 months pregnant??

@Restored
Trying to get that last camping trip in a war torn country out of the way before getting tied down by kids.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline endicom

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 01:37:56 pm »
CNN
Ryan Browne, Barbara Starr
Oct. 12, 2017

(CNN)An American woman, her Canadian husband and their three children have been freed from captivity by Pakistani security forces, nearly five years after being taken hostage by the Taliban in Afghanistan.

The initial word came from a Pakistani Army statement and was confirmed by US officials.

The couple, American Caitlan Coleman, 31, and her American husband, Joshua Boyle, 33, were kidnapped by the Taliban in 2012 while they were traveling as tourists in Afghanistan and were held in captivity since.

Coleman was pregnant when she was kidnapped. The couple had two more children born in captivity.

More... http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/12/asia/taliban-us-canada-hostages-rescued/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+%28RSS%3A+CNN+-+Top+Stories%29&utm_content=Yahoo+Search+Results

Offline endicom

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 01:42:23 pm »
I'd like to see an apology from these people for the trouble they've caused. For the American, Pakistani and other lives risked in freeing them. For the money spent in just monitoring their whereabouts.

While she was pregnant they 'toured' Russia, a few northern Stans and then friggin Afghanistan?

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 02:09:55 pm »

No kidding. I think they both need a good smack in the head. Little I hate worse than willful and belligerent stupidity.
The Republic is lost.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 02:42:18 pm »
No kidding. I think they both need a good smack in the head. Little I hate worse than willful and belligerent stupidity.
I think the whole family needs to be closely watched for quite a while to see if they received any special education over the years they were detained.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 02:58:55 pm »
I think the whole family needs to be closely watched for quite a while to see if they received any special education over the years they were detained.

That too.
The Republic is lost.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2017, 05:27:39 pm »
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/10/12/american-caitlin-coleman-family-freed-from-afghanistan-captors.html 

More info that brings it into context of why they were "hiking" in Afghanistan.   Her hubby is refusing to board a US plane to leave Pakistan.   He only wants a Canadian plane.

Seems he was previously married to the sister of a guy who spent 10 years in Guantanamo for killing a US medic.   That guy was fighting with Al Queda.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2017, 06:18:19 pm »

More info that brings it into context of why they were "hiking" in Afghanistan.   Her hubby is refusing to board a US plane to leave Pakistan.   He only wants a Canadian plane.

Seems he was previously married to the sister of a guy who spent 10 years in Guantanamo for killing a US medic.   That guy was fighting with Al Queda.

It's beginning to become a little clearer. 

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2017, 11:49:12 pm »
Sanguine wrote:
"It's beginning to become a little clearer..."

Sho' 'nuff is.
Maybe we ought to tell the Pakis to send 'em back to Afghanistan!

The lovely couple:
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 12:11:36 am by Fishrrman »