Author Topic: North Korean special forces are training to invade South Korea with paragliders  (Read 208 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Daniel Brown

North Korean special forces have been training to invade South Korea with paragliders, according to South Korea's Yonhap news agency.

The drills were conducted in mid-September at a training site with a building modeled after the South Korea-US Combined Forces Command in Seoul, Yonhap reported.

Special forces from North Korea's navy, air force, 11th army corps, and sniper brigade participated, according to Newsweek.

Paragliders can fly below radar and can also be folded down and transported easily.

“A paraglider flies at a low altitude without making a sound. It could be useful for making a surprise attack, like a drone," a South Korean defense official told Yonhap.

"I believe that North Korean special forces are adopting amazing methods of infiltration with limited resources," the official said.

The US and South Korea, in response, conducted their own short-range air-defense drills, known as SHORAD, in late September to thwart "low altitude cruise missiles, unmanned aerial systems and air breathing threats," Newsweek reported, citing a US Army press release.

https://scout.com/military/warrior/Article/North-Korean-Special-Forces-Training-to-Invade-South-Korea-with--108780509
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome