Author Topic: Hans-Ulrich Rudel - The Flying Tank Buster Who Flew More Than 2,000 Missions And Killed Over 500 Tanks  (Read 131 times)

Offline TomSea

• TBR Contributor
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 09:37:50 PM by TomSea »
Concerned Women of America says the Trump administration is the most Pro-Life administration ever. Take that so-called Conservatives.

Offline Suppressed

This guy was hell in the air, I think I saw one story that he was called something like Germany's best fighter and, oh, he did most of his damage over in the Soviet Union.

Yes, and as the first paragraph says, he was shot down many times, often behind enemy lines where I believe he escaped. I'd really have to read into his bio.

Yeah, he flew a plane with an anti-tank gun under each wing...the precursor to the A-10 Warthog.  While the 37mm guns weren't very good in a tank-to-tank battle except in the very early war, they were highly effective from the air--hitting the thin top armor on tanks.
+++++++++
"In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance" --Randy Marsh

"A man doesn't automatically get my respect.  He has to beg for it." --Jack Handey

"He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent." --Foghorn Leghorn

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf