Author Topic: Authorities Require Uyghurs in Xinjiang’s Aksu to Get Barcodes on Their Knives  (Read 451 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Authorities Require Uyghurs in Xinjiang’s Aksu to Get Barcodes on Their Knives
2017-10-11

Authorities in Aksu prefecture in northwestern China’s Xinjiang region have begun implementing a government policy to affix identification codes to knives belonging to Uyghurs as a futher security measure in the restive area, sources from the prefecture said.

The policy of applying QR, or quick response, codes to knives is part of new security rules requiring owners to have their cutlery registered and stamped so that it can be traced to them in the event that the knives and choppers are used to commit acts of violence.

Continued at: http://www.rfa.org/english/news/uyghur/authorities-require-uyghurs-in-xinjiangs-aksu-to-get-barcodes-on-their-knives-10112017143950.html

There is your "knife registration";  note, this is law mainly pertaining to Muslims, the article also states:

Authorities are also confiscating knives from Uyghurs as part of a “Three Illegals and One Item” campaign under which items deemed by authorities to be tools of terrorism, including knives, flammable objects, remote-controlled toys, and objects bearing symbols related to Islam, are being appropriated along with copies of the Quran and prayer mats.

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Supressed's post above notwithstanding, I can't say that I disagree with the Chinese on this one.

islam must be opposed in all ways possible.

The Chinese ain't foolin' around!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 02:08:18 am by Fishrrman »