Author Topic: Has US military helicopter been SHOT DOWN? Aircraft crashes in Japan near North Korea  (Read 671 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Has US military helicopter been SHOT DOWN? Aircraft crashes in Japan near North Korea
AN American helicopter has crashed in Japan just hours after US aircraft took part in military drills near North Korea.
By Mark Chandler
PUBLISHED: 12:15, Wed, Oct 11, 2017 | UPDATED: 12:23, Wed, Oct 11, 2017   
   Smoke plumes as US military helicopter crashes over Japan

The helicopter came down in the Okinawa region near the village of Takamura Takae on Wednesday morning, local media reported.

Images taken from the scene showed the aircraft engulfed in a fireball with thick black smoke pouring into the sky.

The incident, which occurred shortly after US military drills over the Korean peninsula, led to speculation that North Korea could have shot down the helicopter.

Continued and video at: http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/864978/north-korea-v-usa-latest-world-war-3-donald-trump-helicopter-crash-japan-Okinawa

I did not see this reported on. Reportedly no one was injured.

The Express is on the sensational side but this is being reported in the Wall Street Journal and elsewhere.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/okinawa-helicopter-crash-adds-to-tensions-over-u-s-military-presence-1507725336

http://www.ibtimes.com/watch-smoke-fire-after-us-military-helicopter-crash-japan-2599948

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I spent a year at Camp Humphreys in South Korea.   A bunch of Army helicopters were based there.

The crew chiefs wouldn't fly on them unless they had too.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline endicom

Who moved Okinawa to near North Korea?

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

Give em a break, they know they both are on the other side of the world, somewhere.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Suppressed

Heck, the Daily Star page I cited says "...in the Okinawa Prefecture of northeast Japan."  (What they obviously mean is that it's in the Kunigami district, which is in the northeast part of Okinawa, as Okinawa is not exactly in northeast Japan.)
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn