Author Topic: The best part about tax cuts is reduced government waste  (Read 570 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The best part about tax cuts is reduced government waste
« on: October 11, 2017, 05:16:29 pm »
A U.S. president once said, “The federal government’s most useful role is not to rush into a program of excessive increases in public expenditures, but to expand the incentives and opportunities for private expenditures.” He called for an “across-the-board, top-to-bottom cut in personal and corporate income taxes,” as well as a familiar promise that the “new tax bill should improve both the equity and the simplicity of our present tax system.”

The president who uttered those words was not Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan or George Bush. It was John Kennedy in a speech to the Economic Club of New York on Dec. 14, 1962. The same principles behind Kennedy’s speech are the bedrock of the Republican tax reform proposal that was released last month.

Read more at: http://thehill.com/opinion/finance/354910-the-best-part-about-tax-cuts-is-reduced-government-spending
The Republic is lost.

Offline Concerned

Re: The best part about tax cuts is reduced government waste
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 11:00:31 pm »
Of course if we continue deficit spending as Trump appears to be doing, he doesn’t need tax revenues to fund bloated and inefficient government. He’ll simply fund it via deficit spending.  What I think we need is a true fiscal conservative in the White House. Sadly, I’m afraid this past election was the last chance in my lifetime for a true fiscal conservative, and we obviously blew it.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 11:02:47 pm »
Of course if we continue deficit spending as Trump appears to be doing, he doesn’t need tax revenues to fund bloated and inefficient government. He’ll simply fund it via deficit spending.  What I think we need is a true fiscal conservative in the White House. Sadly, I’m afraid this past election was the last chance in my lifetime for a true fiscal conservative, and we obviously blew it.

Mind telling us who you would have prefered?  I  would be very interested in that information.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Concerned

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 11:11:43 pm »
Mind telling us who you would have prefered?  I  would be very interested in that information.

I voted for McMullin.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 11:13:37 pm »
I voted for McMullin.

The CIA slug.  Ok.  To each his own.  Thanks for the honest response.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 11:20:47 pm »
I don't see a reduction in revenue as being incentive to cut waste. The waste will go on, because black projects, kickbacks, bribes, and general graft are funded in the margins with 'waste'. What will get cut first are the useful things government actually does, especially if they involve public safety. Look for one less open toll island, and longer lines at the DMV....
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 11:21:19 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 11:56:44 pm »
Let's not even talk about waste, I long for the day when tax cuts actually mean reduced government spending.