Author Topic: Trump threatens to target licenses of 'NBC and the Networks' after nuclear arsenal report  (Read 80156 times)

Offline musiclady

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline corbe

WTF you talking bout @DiogenesLamp

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline RoosGirl

Can't allow freedom of speech in the case of speech with which we disagree,  now can we?   

All such unapproved speech must be deliberately drowned in noise.   

It is censorship by other means,  and you think people are too stupid to notice or too polite not to call it out.   

What you and others have engaged in is the equivalent of talking over someone trying to have a conversation.   

@DiogenesLamp

Seriously?  You've had forty effing pages to make your point.  I'm sorry that hardly anyone agrees with you, but honey, that doesn't mean you're being censored.  We're just tired of your bullshit and choose to move on with our own.

Sincerely,
The Breakfast Club

Offline musiclady

@DiogenesLamp

Seriously?  You've had forty effing pages to make your point.  I'm sorry that hardly anyone agrees with you, but honey, that doesn't mean you're being censored.  We're just tired of your bullshit and choose to move on with our own.

Sincerely,
The Breakfast Club

He needs more time to make the point he hasn't been able to make in the past few months with all those words, @RoosGirl .   

Stop censoring him, you word Nazi, you!   ****slapping

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline RoosGirl

He needs more time to make the point he hasn't been able to make in the past few months with all those words, @RoosGirl .   

Stop censoring him, you word Nazi, you!   ****slapping

Maybe I am a word Nazi.  If I was a mod I'd shut this stupid thread down already.

Offline corbe

I've noticed the quickest way to shut down a TBR Thread is to start postin Trump Love pictures, here's my contribution.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DiogenesLamp

@DiogenesLamp

Sincerely,
The Breakfast Club

If you chose to "move on",   then what is this camping out on this thread?    You ignored it for the longest time,  and now it's your favorite go-too spot to post silly crap?   

You are pulling the "heckler's veto",  and you know it. 

You don't want to contribute?  You don't want to have a rational discussion?  Fine!  Move on!   But please actually "move on." 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
@DiogenesLamp

Sincerely,
The Breakfast Club

Dear Ms Roos,
We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole
Saturday in detention for whatever it was we did wrong. 
But we think you're crazy to make an essay
telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us...
In the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions.
Sincerely,
The Real Breakfast Club

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline DiogenesLamp

I'm not the one who needs more time or more information.   I've figured out what was going on a long time ago,  and now i'm trying to awaken others. 

Not you,  of course.   You go ahead and continue on as usual,  deary. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Maybe I am a word Nazi.  If I was a mod I'd shut this stupid thread down already.

You've been trying already.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

If you chose to "move on",   then what is this camping out on this thread?    You ignored it for the longest time,  and now it's your favorite go-too spot to post silly crap?   

You don't want to contribute?  You don't want to have a rational discussion?  Fine!  Move on!   But please actually "move on."

Ummmm - it's not a question of "camping out", but when anyone posts to this thread, anyone else who has posted on it gets notified.  I was hoping people would stop posting to it and it would die an unnatural death.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Ummmm - it's not a question of "camping out", but when anyone posts to this thread, anyone else who has posted on it gets notified.  I was hoping people would stop posting to it and it would die an unnatural death.

I have this particularly useful skill.   It's the ability to ignore stuff I don't find interesting.   I encourage other people to develop it.   They will be happier from having done so. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline corbe

Wittier and Prettier (I hope), than Trump Loving him some Flag.

Offline RoosGirl

You've been trying already.

The article is from 2 months ago.  Has Trump done anything to the hypothetical licenses of the networks?  No, you say?  After 40+ pages, the bullshit of my choice to talk about is pie.

Offline aligncare

You my friend have posted a mountain of evidence showing the media’s duplicity in our political process. Proof the greatest threat to our future may not be radical Islam but in fact be the enemy within, the fifth column media.

I think it’s rude to litter a thread purely to mock the purpose of the OP. It’s an important topic and should be looked at with seriousness, not mockery.

Offline RoosGirl

Wittier and Prettier (I hope), than Trump Loving him some Flag.

She's got some mad tolf skills.  I was going to call it gennis, but I was afraid it would be confused for beer drinking.

Offline musiclady

I'm not the one who needs more time or more information.   I've figured out what was going on a long time ago,  and now i'm trying to awaken others. 

Not you,  of course.   You go ahead and continue on as usual,  deary.

I just tried to help this dreary thread be more fun.

And you just started whining and moaning about how unfair we were to censor your brilliant thoughts and words touched with gold.

It's crystal clear that I'm not the one with issues, "deary."

Offline DiogenesLamp

The article is from 2 months ago.  Has Trump done anything to the hypothetical licenses of the networks?  No, you say?  After 40+ pages, the bullshit of my choice to talk about is pie.

See?   Exactly what I mean when I say it isn't long enough yet!   

Needs more articles!   

Clueless.   Either deliberately so,  or inadvertently.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I have this particularly useful skill.   It's the ability to ignore stuff I don't find interesting.   I encourage other people to develop it.   They will be happier from having done so.

Then why are you on this thread complaining about people posting stuff you don't like? 

Offline musiclady

As much as I try to ignore your loquacious, self-satisfied rhetoric, I too have been drawn back to this useless thread because you won't stop posting to it.

PLEASE, move on.

You are, if nothing else, pedantic.........

How many times do ALL the rest of us have to keep clicking on "Mark as Read" before you just stop this nonsense??

Offline DiogenesLamp

You my friend have posted a mountain of evidence showing the media’s duplicity in our political process. Proof the greatest threat to our future may not be radical Islam but in fact be the enemy within, the fifth column media.

I think it’s rude to litter a thread purely to mock the purpose of the OP. It’s an important topic and should be looked at with seriousness, not mockery.

Thank you.   I personally consider media manipulation of elections to be the most significant threat that the United States has faced for a long time.    I first became aware of it when the media spent the entire run-up to 1992 trashing the George HW Bush economy.    That's when I started to realize they were playing games in an effort to help the Democrats win elections. 

We are being manipulated,  and most of us don't even realize it.   The Control of Information is power.   People allude to the "fourth estate",  and I am trying to make people aware that yes,  it really is pretty much a "fourth estate." 

It has power,  and if we don't share that power,  we need to undermine it. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline corbe

Aint that the truth @DiogenesLamp some here know my button issue's and PUSH and some here, I'm sure, know yours.

I would suspect that's a big part of the Dynamics here.  An unusually rational dialogue with pretty damn smart people, as a whole, in spite of their ability to pizz you off sometimes.

Offline RoosGirl

You are so right.  And it was discussed with seriousness ad nauseam 2 months ago.  You know what I think is rude?  To keep pinging people back to a two month old thread with absolutely nothing new to add to the original discussion.

Offline DiogenesLamp

I just tried to help this dreary thread be more fun.

And you just started whining and moaning about how unfair we were to censor your brilliant thoughts and words touched with gold.

It's crystal clear that I'm not the one with issues, "deary."

Actually, most of what I post are examples of Media or Web Giants controlling information.    I don't think I add much to the point made in the excerpts I post.   

I am aggregating information,  not creating it.  So it isn't my " brilliant thoughts and words touched with gold."   Here is an example of what I have been trying to do.

Major Newspapers Avoid Strzok's Damning 'Insurance Policy' Text

Hey boys and girls! Are you ready to play a fun new game called "Detect Liberal Bias?"

Here's how it works... Just go online to any newspaper or magazine. In their seach engines, enter the term "Strzok." Do you see any search results? If so, then add "insurance" for "Strzok insurance." If you see no search results, congratulations! You have just detected strong liberal bias in the periodical you were searching.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/pj-gladnick/2017/12/14/major-periodicals-avoid-strzoks-damning-insurance-policy-text

« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 11:01:26 pm by DiogenesLamp »
— Lord Melbourne —